Holly Hobbie-inspired doll (Updated information in first post)

FelixLake

Update: I've decided to make this pattern a basic rag doll style pattern that can be personalized. My dolls name will be Chiffon (french for 'rag'). The pattern will give basic instructions for the doll with suggestions for possible changes that can be made. I will also have patterns for different styles of clothes. I'm going to start another thread with my updates.

Here is the link to the new thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=364593#post364593

To all Holly Hobbie fans, I've started working on my newest creation. After I finished the Raggedy Ann/Andy, I was challenged to do Holly Hobbie. Here is what I've done so far. I've been writing down the instructions as I go, so hopefully I'll be ready for testers soon. Let me know what you think so far.

crochet063.jpg

crochet062.jpg

That doll is so cute. My daughter would love something like that. Is that pattern for advanced crocheters? I'm an advanced beginner, but if you sell the patterns I would like to buy it from you. Please let me know.

Thanks

Esmeralda:)

Oh my gosh!!!! You've done a great job with Holly Hobbie. It's perfect. I definitely want to make this creation!

Thanks all for your compliments and incouragements.:) To answer some questions: Yes, I'm doing a dress and the patchwork pinafore as seperate pieces. I'm not completely happy with the body (it seems a little long to me) and the way the head is attached, (it was floppier than the Ann/Andy I did) so I may have to make some changes to that.:think I've only ever written patterns for my own use and not for others to use, so I'm sure there will be a lot of problems and questions when I do get it done. I'll be happy to let anyone have the pattern to test/use when I get it done.

I'm working on the dress now and then to do the pinafore. I'll keep you updated as the work continues.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I am wanting to make your wonderful dolls but I need to go and purchase yarn to make it. Could you please give me a rough idea on how much yarn will be needed to make the head/torso/legs and arms? I did post this question on your blog as well, sorry to duplicate.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The dolls are wonderful. I went to your blog and found the pattern for them. Thank you so much for that pattern. I have a little neice that is wanting a crochet baby to sleep with and this is perfect. Plus I have a granddaughter due in April what a perfect first doll for her. I can't wait to get started on them.

Blessings

KW

Archived