New GUY here...

RickyRebel

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Rick, from Slatington, PA.

Welcome!:yes

I've taught 2 guys to crochet myself - one's staying with it (I think he's 12 or so, and he has already "created" a new stitch), and the other one was my almost-28-yr-old son who learned out of boredom when he had 2 major back surgeries at 22 and almost 24 yrs old. Now he doesn't touch it, but people like you make me think he'll pick it up again some day:yes

He's good at :artist and such, so I expect his creative juices will bring him back to it.

Anyway, WELCOME!:tup

Don'cha just :heart the smilies we got here:?

Ricky, Welcome from Seattle~! I hope you enjoy your stay here ... congrats on your stand for men who crochet! :cheer

Hi Rick! Greetings from the Island of Pearls, Bahrain.... :cheer

I always love people who stand for what they want and like!!! :manyheart You are the first crocheting guy I've met...:yes (thats coz I'm a newbie...:D )

Wish you a wonderful time here!!! :hook

I Only Know Of One Guy At The Hospital Where I Work That Crochets And I'm Glad To See That Many More Men Are Coming Out (so To Speak). This Is A Lost Art. Any For Me Personally, I Say It Takes A Real Man To Admit He Loves To Crochet.

I'm on a Golden Retriever forum...

*perk* golden retriever forum? I have two hair machines myself and would love to find a board community for goldens too. Can you share the URL?

Vicki

Praise be for the men that crochet! :cheer It's about time! Men can be very creative in the designing department. I admire those men who are not ashamed to admit that they pick up hooks and yarn. I knew a lady who's husband crocheted right along with her! The craft is enjoyable and in so many ways, therapy! When I crochet, I don't think of problems or ailments or anything else....except the project that I'm working on....thus I have peace of mind while I am hooking away. Welcome to Crochetville! and three cheers for you! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Daisy

Wecome, Rick, it is great that you think "out of the box" about a hobbie you enjoy. I knew a man who made the most beautiful things--he could do your name in filet crochet, almost anything you wanted. He did better than me at any time! From Bearsgrammy

Welcome from Portland, Oregon, USA! Glad you're here!

Hey, in case no one else here has mentioned it... check out the Crochet Dude on blogger!

• 5 years later...

Hi Rick! I taught my son to crochet this past week end. He asked if people would think he was weird because of it. I said, well, honestly, some might. For one thing, there aren't too many people that do it anymore, and for another, people tend to think it's something women do, but if you like to, there is absolutely no harm in it. I also told him his grandpa and dad know how to crochet. He hasn't seen his dad since he was about 3, but I tell him little things like that. I keep the bad stuff to myself. :D Anyway, He crocheted his first coaster. Now he wants to move on to something more difficult. I don't think he's quite ready. His stitches are very uneven, but to keep him interested, I think I'll let him anyway. Who cares if it turns out a little off. He's got to practice to get good. Kudoes to you for your hobby and welcome!

Hi there and welcome! I think it's great you crochet!!!! BE proud of it! I make a lot of hats check out my links below. If you need help just shoot me an email. :-) How do you like doing webdesign? Did you have to get a degree for doing that? I thought about looking into it. Heck maybe you can telll me how my website looks that I just did. :-) Welcome to this site. I'm new to it as well.

Archived