New GUY here...

RickyRebel

is that a set of twins I see? :eek Good for you being there for the kids

Is there a pic somewhere that I can't see?:think

Welcome! welcome! welcome!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey rick, welcome from tacoma, a few miles south of you. have you tried the joanns in puyallup/ they have a big yarn selection9 my dd works there) and also i am finding alot of yarn at dollar tree stores, glad to see another guy here, we have quite a few and are always happy to have more.

Thanks for the great welcome....I'm sure at some point, some of you will get pretty tired of me....I talk too much and post too much. But I'm sure I'll have fun.

I'm surprised there are so many people who are local to me....

And Joann....no picture...I just listed the ages of my kids...two 15 year olds...

Rick

Talk and post too much here??? I seriously doubt it! LOL

WELCOME! Can't wait to see some of your stuff. Make sure you post pictures!

I'm on a Golden Retriever forum where I've only been on there since December, and I've almost hit 3,000 posts already....passed up all their long time members. So they all joke about how I must not have a life.

I'm just wrapping up an afghan for my mom for Mother's Day. Nothing special, but it is my first project in several years...

Did you know that back in history, it was the men who did the Knitting and Crochet?

Really? Where'd you get that information? I'd like to read about it, if there's a website you can refer me to.

I was bouncing around the web, looking for some easy crochet hats to make (per my sister's request) and I found this site....

My grandma taught me the crochet basics 30+ years ago, and just recently, I was going through old boxes that have been stored away for more than 5 years and found all my hooks and tons of old yarn... So I've been back at it...

I've always loved crocheting, but being a guy, I used to take too much crap about it.... A lot of people don't look at crocheting as being all that manly...

But, I'm 40 now, and I just don't care what people think. So here I am...

GOOD FOR YOU!!:clap

Welcome to the friendliest little 'Ville on the web!:hook

Welcome! It's nice to see men on here. I got my 13yo son crocheting (and Knifty Knitting) while he was sick and he loves it, too!

Hi, Rick :hi from Maryland, USA! :welcome to the 'Ville - grab your favorite cuppa, yarn and hooks, and come on in - always something happenin' here...:D

hey!! Rick! A big WELCOME!! from Eastern Connecticut! :cheer

Wait till you find out the TONS of free patterns on the web! So, nothing wrong with Guys who Crochet or Knit! I know a woman that's a pipe-fitter. Big Deal!!

Welcome, Rick, and kudos to you for doing what you love! I have family out that way and a dear friend lives in Federal Way. I'd never heard of Renton before until my husband's brother moved out there. Now I seem to run across some mention of Renton at least once a week. What a small world we live in!

Vicki

Archived