Scallop Jacket

Has anyone made the scallop jacket pattern from E-patterns.com? I just bought the pattern last night and wanted to start it today. It calls for size 3 crochet thread. Can I used sport weight?

While sportweight is a pretty thin yarn your pattern would then need a different hook size and have to be adjusted for size. The sportweight would make this larger in size. What size hook does it call for in the thread version?

Darlene

Teresa, are you familiar with Luster Sheen? I believe that is pretty close to a size #3 thread. However, you would still have to do your gauge swatches to be certain. :yes You could try playing around with the sport weight, but I agree with Hounddog and think it's a little bigger than size #3 thread. Also another consideration is that the yarn will have a little more "give" and stretch to it than the thread would. Luster Sheen is a thread that used to be made by JP Coats or Coats and Clark or (Coats and somebody!) and then Red Heart bought it and is now producing it. It comes in alot of really nice colors. There used to be Speed-Cro-Sheen thread which was a popular size #3 thread but it has been discontinued but sometimes you can find it on eBay. Good luck! :hook:manyheart

thank you so much for everyone's advice. I was sitting at home tonight and have been messing with the sport weight yarn that I have in my stash. If I really like the way it turns out I'll go buy some of the lustersheen and make another one. I have seen that yarn and it is very pretty. I would have used it today but our Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays and I really was anxious to start it. LOL

Archived