~*~ My Abigail Doily

shella85222

Hello All here is another doily I finished a few days ago.

Been so busy with kids field trips (two this past week) and also a full day at the hospital with my grandfather having heart surgery. All is going well now but yesterday I crashed and slept most of the day. I loved the days going on the field trips but my youngest is 6 and holy macro at that age in a large group I surely admire the teachers now. I didn’t think I could ever keep up with that many 6 year olds. Boy they love to run around and get sidetracked so easy. Now the field trip I went on Thursday with my twins who are 9 was a blast we went to the zoo and I only had my two and two of my daughters girlfriends in my group. Whew that was an easy day for me. There are a ton of pictures in my album if you would like to see. The trip to the state capital was a couple of weeks ago with the twins.

Well here is a doily I made from the Leisure Arts “A Dozen Doilies†called Abigail. I really liked this one it was fun to make. Hope you all like it also?

142940908.jpg

142940912.jpg

That is sooo pretty I will some day start makeing doilies they just seem to scare me but seeing all the nice ones in here makes me want to try

Deborah:hook:yarn

Doillies are a LOT easier than they seem, especially if you have ever done anything using rounds (like a granny square!). I practiced making coasters until I got used to it then jumped right into doilies =)

Shella your doily is gorgeous. I have almost bought that book a couple of times. All your other doilies are pretty, too. Looks like you had fun at the zoo. :)

Tina

Thank you everyone:hug I am glad you all like it. Really once you start making doilies you will love making them. I enjoy them very much. I really need to get back into making afghan's but it is so much easier to take a doily with me place I go then it is an afghan. If you have never tried to make a doily just give it a try you will see you can do it.

Archived