Suggestions, Ideas..HELP?

Hello ya'll. I am attending another lunch at our Hospital Commander's house and am in need of a hostess gift! This is my second lunch there, the first time I knitted two cloths with their last name and added body lotion, soap and candles to a gift basket. So, now what should I make? I was thinking a doily...any pattern suggestions for a simple, quick one? The gift has to be something classy, not too personal.

Any suggestions??

Donna

I think a doily would be lovely. Or a table runner?

I have House Masters here at the dorm I manage and I want to make them a gift too...same deal...classy but not too personal. They throw a lot of dinners for the kids in their apt. and I am planning on a ecru table runner for their serving island.

Yipes! I was just going to suggest the washcloth, soap etc idea. Hmm...how about a nice pricey bottle of olive oil or gourmet vinegar in a crocheted mesh bag with little flowers on the tie? The bag can be re-gifted when the hostess is finished with it.

Those are lovely and quick. Just buy some pillars and wow! If you added some beads on them, that would be really cool!

How about the candle drapes that go across the big pilar candles? They could set these on the coffee table or end tables, etc.???

See what I mean here: http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and_free/crochet_thread/lc1333.htm

Krystal

Those candle drapes are really pretty. I've never seen such things before: are they just for ornament? Do you take them off when using the candle?

Archived