Time for fun: what was your worst crochet mistake?

:lolThose are too funny!:lol

Two of mine come to mind.

The first was a pair of slippers. I made one, tried it on and it fit just right. Then I made another one with the same hook and same yarn in the same number of rows and rounds. I put the second one and it was like six inches longer than my foot! Why didn't I realize this while I was making it? I showed DD the first one and then showed her the other one. We had a roaring laugh over it as I walked around with my giant foot flopping about. She called it my Crusty the Clown slipper. Since they were made for me to wear around the house where nobody would ever see me, I kept the long end of yarn at the toe and folded the toe up and tied the yarn to the ankle part of the slipper.:lol It was just easier than frogging it and it kept the humor with the slipper.

The second one I really wish I had a picture of because it was hilarious. My boss decided we should have a Cheesy Christmas party at work. We were all supposed to wear our tackiest Christmas apparel. I don't happen to own any ugly Christmas sweaters, but I decided that my dear friend should have one to wear for the occasion. I only had two days to make this, so it was one of those "every free second you have" projects. On the first night, I stayed up so late working on it that I kept falling asleep. I'd wake up for a second and do some more stitches before I fell asleep again. Well in the morning I had this monstrosity of a granny square in my lap. It wasn't a square and it barely resembled the granny-style stitches. The rounds were, um, I don't even know what to call shapes like I saw there in the morning.:rofl So that was the mistake, though some might argue the finished project was a mistake.:D Here's what it eventually ended up being. Don't forget before you look that it was supposed to be ugly.:devil (Head cut off to protect the innocent. He's been tortured enough having to wear this thing!)

scaryxmas.jpg

You may have noticed mistake #2, that the tree is way off center.:blush And you may have also noticed that these are two different people wearing it. For some reason, my friend didn't want to keep it, so I gave it to my BIL for Christmas.:devil I wonder why nobody else asked for one:think :lol

Archived