Snagging yarn

Ok lately I've become really finicky about snagging my yarn it drives me bonkers :thair I'm constanly trying to fluff it back together :yarn I feel as thought I'm getting OCD over it :lol I crochet so much slower nowdays trying to make sure it doesn't happen. I've used every kind of hook possible & it still happens. Anyone else have this issue driving them nutty :loco

I have noticed I snag the most when I crochet with baby yarn that has the lovely nylon thread running through for added texture and shine. I almost always snag the nylon thread at least once or more on any project I do. But I love the look and the texture, so I use it anyway.:yarn

I do this too on occasion. And yes, it drives me round the bend, too. Honestly I thought I was the only one, that maybe my technique was wrong or something or I was going too fast...I also have the problem MamaHooks does with the baby yarn, but the yarn usually has a bit of a bumpy texture to it so you can hide it well or fluff it. Like you said, I still use it anyway...

Archived