OUCH! I have "rug" burn on my index finger!

Wow, I've never worked with wool before but have been wanting to do some felted bags.:yarn I've done 3 in the last 24 hours (small, envelope style) and I literally have rug burn on my yarn finger! :oops So yesterday I saw those yarn thimbles, does anyone here use one? Are they really cumbersome? Right now I have a bandaid on my finger which (lol) just makes the yarn slide up to my knuckle where I will be getting "burned again if I'm not careful!:eek Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks!

i have gotten "rug burn" and have also tried the plastic thimble things but my fingers are so small they slip right off. i havent really found anything else that works well for me, now i am just careful and conscious of how much of what i am crocheting

if you're crocheting fast enough to get rug burns, maybe it's time to slow down.:lol

poor thing. maybe you could get rubber gloves and cut off the fingers and use them to slip over your crocheting finger to protect it.

i've got blisters on both thumbs from yard work yesterday. i think it's a sign that i should stay inside and crochet, right?:yes

I've gotten this working with sewing thread. It hurts! :eek

What works for me is putting a piece of regular tape length-wise along my finger where the thread/yarn would rub it. When I'm done I just peel it off and toss it.

I've gotten this working with sewing thread. It hurts! :eek

What works for me is putting a piece of regular tape length-wise along my finger where the thread/yarn would rub it. When I'm done I just peel it off and toss it.

What a good (and CHEAP) Idea! Thanks!

Archived