A favor to ask.

This is going to sound a little silly but I need a favor. I am trying to teach a dear online friend of mine some different crochet stitches through e-mail. So far she knows single crochet and Double crochet and she wants to move beyond the basic rows of Sc and Dc. She is also deturmined to make the green summer top that I posted in the show and tell section but she is having trouble understanding the pattern instructions and is more than a little intimidated. The square I made the top out of is a bit above her current level but it's not really all that hard, just confusing for a novice.Since she lives in New Hampshire and I'm here in Texas I can't just drive over and give her a one on one lesson. I tried taking still pictures but it didn't help much so I got the idea to make a movie of making the square and joining it while explaining to her the step by step process. The problem with this brilliant idea is this: I don't have a web cam or a camcorder, and I don't know anyone who I can borrow one from. So here's where the favor part comes in Is there anyone who happens to have this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1855856387/qid=1145685907/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-0540160-4070463?v=glance&n=507846

who also has a web cam, who would be willing to help me make a little instructional video of how to make and join the cranesbill lace square? I'm willing to work out some sort of trade in return.

i'm no real help there, but i learned alot of stitches on annies attics site. they have a stitch help section that has little video clips of how to do different stitches. thats how i learned how to do a triple stitch. you might check it out to see if there is anything there that could be of assistance to your friend. it has helped me get into all kinds of trouble.:lol:hook

Have you looked into renting a camcorder? I don't think they charge very much. Video rental stores used to rent them out, but that was back when the cameras were as big as toasters:lol. I'd try one of those stores that rent everything from jackhammers to diamonds. You could even ask at your library. Or, I bet you could find a perfectly good used camcorder at Goodwill. A lot of people ran out and bought them when they first came out and then a few years later felt stupid holding their giant camcorders when everyone else had little ones.

well i dont have the book but i have a digital camcorder and a webcam

im not really interested in making the top but if you want to send me the motif pattern i could make a video to send her or she could watch on yahoo if she has it

let me know

Archived