My version of Ann & Andy

FelixLake

After seeing Becks Raggedy Ann and Andy from a kit I went to HL and, of course, they didn't have any. So, I decided to make some myself. I love to do stuffed animals and dolls clothes so I figured I could just combine all the ones I've done in the past and do them myself.

I printed pics off the Internet of different styles of Ann & Andy's and this is what I came up with. I can't show you the backs because I haven't finished the hair yet, but I couldn't wait to get pics. The clothes are all removable and the apron is separate from the dress. The socks and shoes are not removable. I used regular worsted weight yarn and crochet thread for the embroidery on the face.

I hope you enjoy!

crochet061.jpg

crochet059.jpg

You did an incredible job recreating Ann and Andy without a pattern! (You shouldn't have told us they were still hairless in the back, we wouldn't have known!) I like how the shoes turned out too. Are you going to make more clothes for them since these are removable? Great job! :yay:cheer

:yay Oh my gosh!!!! :clap What a fabulous job you did!!!! I love them!!!!

That Andy sailor hat is soooooo cute!!!!! I like how Ann's shoes are too!!!

You're amazing that you can create these simply from some photos! I am blown away!!! :nworthy Hee hee!!! Great job!:manyheart

I've been wanting to make Ann and Andy too. And a Holly Hobbie :) You did a really great job.

Thanks all,

Hmmmm, Holly Hobbie :scrachin . I think you've just given me an idea for my next project. I wonder what other dolls from my childhood that I could do. :devil

Ok, if you do a Holly Hobbie, you have to let me know. I'd die for a pattern of Holly Hobbie. I love Holly Hobbie :)

I've actually started working on a Holly Hobbie. I guess I'll have to actually write down the pattern this time.:think I've already printed off several pics of Holly and pulled some yarn:yarn from my stash, but I realized I didn't have any stuffing. :eek So I'll have to go to the store today and get a couple more bags.

I'll try to keep you updated as I work.

Archived