Sampler Lapghan for Baby

SheWolf

Materials used: Sizs "G" hook 2 skein Red Heart Varigated

Ch 80

Row 1- sc across

Rows 2 - end Any combination of stitches. This is meant to be a sampler, so use whatever strikes your fancy!

You can make a space for the seat belt by ch 30, sk 30 and rejoin halfway in a row. I'd suggest leaving enough above the hole to allow for covering baby's face in cold weather.

Length will be determined by the stitches used and tension/guage.

This is my first pattern, so I didn't bother witrh checking guage. You may want to periodically check the blanket against a infant seat to be sure the size is about right. It should overlap the sides of an empty carseat a bit so it can be tucked around baby.

I didn't take a picture of the finished item because . . . well to be nice, it blows. My first project, and my first pattern. I had practiced the basic stitches until I was totally bored with swatches. So I decided to practice while doing something useful.

It was brought to my attention that the instruction for rows 2 - end were confusing. You (as the creator) use whatever stitches strike your fancy, as long as you complete one row in whatever stitch you desire. ie you make a dc, then dc to the end.

Archived