Any ideas for a gift for my soon to be new Mother-in-law?

Hi Friends,

It was announced at the Easter table that my father-in-law will be getting remarried sometime in the summer. His wife died three years ago and he met a widow. He asked her to marry him on Saturday and announced it on Sunday.

He is 76 years old. I am very happy for him. :cheer

Does anyone have ideas that I could make something for her to welcome her to the family? She is very nice. She is three years younger than him.:yay

Any ideas would be appreciated. She does seem to be a woman of fashion even at her age. She had a crocheted purse. And she wore a lavender outfit. My favorite things. Maybe that's why I like her so much.

Love can come at any age. I think it is great!!

Linda:manyheart

If she is very fashionable, what about a really gorgeous scarf, maybe a bright microspun, something summery that she could wear with a classy outfit. You could even add some glass beads (they always add a little class).

She's lucky to have you...

Another thing I thought of was the mini-handled purse that I designed for my grandmother (75). Its here. Its a small evening-bag size, but with the Patons Brilliant in Black Dazzle it makes it very classy.

The shawl idea is a very nice one. Maybe a nice throw that they both culd use? If it will be a small wedding service and she likes flowers, maybe offer to make a bouqet for her to hold? and a flower for your FIL to wear also?

A small afghan sounds like or even a nice scarf, or shawl for summer evenings.. After you get to know her better then you will know if she likes crocheted items or what she likes

Hmm. A shawl sounds great. Maybe a nice lilac color would suit her nicely. I'll have to think about what yarn to use. Maybe microspun or another nice choice.

Thanks for all the ideas. It is just a great thing to find love at 76.:manyheart

Linda:)

Archived