My new coin purse!

knit-errant

Here's a my new coin purse I whipped up yesterday in a couple of hours. It's made with Lustersheen in 'Tea Leaf' and an F hook. I lined it with some Victorian-ish calico I had left over from a project for my Brownie troop.

And of course, just when everything is going along swimmingly, something has to kill it, right? Well, the purse frame I bought was way too small. After I got done being irritated, I made up my own wavy one with 6 strands of 20g silver wire.

I added some little semi-precious stone flowers for some interest; I used peach aventurine, green aventurine, carnelian, mother-of-pearl, rhodonite, garnet, and iolite, all wired up with 26g wire.

More details and slightly-less-wonky pictures are available on my blog.

Thanks for looking! :)

130844980_bfdf563626_m.jpg

Leigh, your coin purse is lovely! I took a look at your blog and think that all your pieces are like little confections. You have an eye for precision and detail. I admire the hand-made wire frame. How does it close? :)

Thanks so much for all of the lovely comments -- so glad you guys like it! :hug

Leigh, your coin purse is lovely! I took a look at your blog and think that all your pieces are like little confections. You have an eye for precision and detail. I admire the hand-made wire frame. How does it close? :)

Well, for now it just closes with a snap which I'm not very happy with. (Keeping coins in it isn't really an issue since I rarely carry change... and even more rarely a purse! ;) But still, I'd like to come up with something else.)

I haven't been able to nut out anything better yet... maybe I can cannibalize a zipper from some of my daughter's too-small clothes?

• 2 years later...

Archived