Do You Return Yarn?

:hookI never return yarn....there is always something else, hats, scarves, etc. it can be used for.....

I just finished an afghan for my nephew and his new bride (wedding 7/8) in my current favorite yarn - Bernat Softee Chunky, :cheer off-white. I have about 6 skeins left over (always buy more to be sure I have enough) so instead of returning it, i picked up blue and green and now have an afghan in the works for my other nephew and his wife for Christmas or anniversary or whatever.....if I have any left overs from that, it's time to make winter hats for Make A Difference Day. :yay

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends...if it's something I loved working with, then, yes, I will keep it.

If it's something that I hated, then I will exchange it. I've only ever exchanged yarn twice, though- once because the colors did not match even though they had the same dyelot :eek, and the second time because I absolutely hated the texture of the yarn (Caron Jewel Box.)

It depends. Sometimes if I have too much left after a project, I will take it back and exchange it for whatever I am working on for my next project. I have never "returned" it, just exchanged it.:P

Archived