My hometown crochet group...

The "stitching" group I've organized starts this Wednesday. My church is allowing me to use the parlor to try to get a group of ladies that do any kind of stitching a chance to get together and share ideas, make new friends, show and tell projects. I hope people have a lot of interest and are as excited about it as I am. I've got a fear that no one will show, except me!!!! The plan is to meet 6:30-8:30 every Wednesday. WISH ME LUCK! I hope it goes well!!! Gosh, can't believe how worried I am that no one will come........

:worried:yarn

I hope you have a good turnout. My church has a group that meets on Monday afternoons and Monday evenings. They just bring their current project and have a time together. I was told that lately they have all been quilting quilts for a lady that made the tops but did not have them quilted.

Tricia: Don't be afraid to start it. There may be others who also are afraid to start and this will help them.

Good luck

Teresa I hope you have a good turn out. I use to belong to a crochet group. Really miss them. Two of the ladies have passed away and I moved away. I was the baby. They all kids my age and older. But it was so much fun. Enjoy it!

Good luck to you - I am sure that people will show up - I went to the Urban Knits get along in the city and they are having another one soon that I plan on going to. I really enjoyed being with a diverse group of woman, not only for crocheting, but just to be with people that I probably wouldn't socalize on a day to day basis - I dont know why, but it made me feel good

Good luck! We tried it at work every Wednesday at lunchtime (bring your own lunch) and the first meeting had about 15 ladies. Next meeting about 9, next meeting about 5 - 6. Now it's just me and two others who get together. That's not to discourage you because these other two ladies and I have become very friendly now. We trade everything from patterns to yarn to family photos, to stories, worries, laughs and concerns.

So even though we are a wee group I am sooooo happy we tried it! I really look forward to Wednesday lunchtimes.

Archived