Sunflower Afghan Finished!

Yarn Duck

Yarnduck it is stunning! :cheer I noticed it on your blog a while back and I am in awe... Actually feeling a bit intimidated as you are my summer scarf buddy...:blush .... I would never take on a project like that. I admire your perseverance. The colours work very well. They remind me of the green and gold of our "Aussie Aussie Ausie oi oi oi" colours!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm impressed at all the detail in it. I'm VERY new to crocheting, I'd like to be able to do things like that some day. Funny about the cat too, what is it about them that they have to jump on anything you put down for a photo?

The sunflower afghan is finally finished! Took me about a month and I came close to setting it down a couple of times, but I kept on crocheting and I am very pleased with the results.

sunflower002t.jpg

(Please ignore The Cat. She's a well-known camera hog.)

This became known as The Deviled Egg blanket because it reminds me & hubby of plates of, well, deviled eggs. My SIL loves Sunflowers though, so we will call it sunflowers and this will probably be a Christmas present for her.

There's a few more pics here on my blog.

Your afghan is just LOVELY!!!!!!!;):clap:cheer

Funny about the cat too, what is it about them that they have to jump on anything you put down for a photo?

I don't know, but we have tons of photos of The Cat. There's just something about the camera that she likes.

And I've just noticing while thumbing thru these posts that I've got one square sewn in upside down!! :angry Now how in the world did I do that?

So figuring out how to fix that will be my plans for this evening. Mostly it will involve just redoing a seam. But there is one place that is part of the crocheted border. And I don't know how to fix that right off hand. :eek (without redoing the border at least, which is after all only three or four rounds.)

Gosh, I hate it when things like this happen.

Ohhhhh, that is just magnificant! I don't know that I would tackle it but it sure is beautiful. You did a great job! :cheer

Lynn

On another forum I read where people were complaining about Mary Maxim's kits. But I think you came out really well with a $5 certificate and extra yarn. Your afghan is really beautiful and worth your wait I think. I don't think some of these companies who buy or make their own patterns test them enough. They can be so frustrating.:yay

And I've just noticing while thumbing thru these posts that I've got one square sewn in upside down!! :angry Now how in the world did I do that?

So figuring out how to fix that will be my plans for this evening. Mostly it will involve just redoing a seam. But there is one place that is part of the crocheted border. And I don't know how to fix that right off hand. :eek (without redoing the border at least, which is after all only three or four rounds.)

Gosh, I hate it when things like this happen.

:hugI bet your sister won't notice. I had to search and stare to find which one. Isn't the only difference the green that goes to the tips of the flowers? If it is, maybe you could just add that in with a needle so you don't have to undo the border.

Yes, that little green part is on the back instead of the front. Not sure what I'll do about it. But I've got till next Christmas to fix it so there's plenty of time.

WOW! Congrats!! I've seen this kit too....never in a million years would I attempt to do it though.......great job! It's beautiful!! :hook

Archived