I just got my yarn !

I am very excited ! One of the women in my knitting group is giving birth in Augest. (She just annoucned this last weekend. She was worried that she was starting to look fat.... But, to be honest, she is barely showing at all.) Of course, now everyone in the group is starting to think of what to make for her. I decided that I HAD to crochet something since everyone else will knit her somthing. :hook:hook:hook (There are about 3 women in the group who know how to crochet, and most of them don't crochet much. )

I picked out a really pretty shell baby afgan pattern and ordered the yarn. After only 3 days,the yarn came in last night. I am so happy. I have wanted to make this pattern for over a year, but I didn't have a reason to. Outside of the knitting group, most of my friends aren't married or in a serious relationship (only a few married couples in the group and none of them want kids right now). When I saw the pattern a little over a year ago, I had to buy it beucase i thought it was so pretty! I love shells so..

Of course, I can't post about this on my blog at all 'cuase it's a gift, and she might read about it. But, I know she doens't come here so I just had to share with you all.

I will post a picture when I'm done. But, that will be a while since I just have the starting chain done right now.

The blanket is working up a lot faster than I expected. I (knock on wood) shouldn't have a problem getting it done in time.

Sue - Yes, I have been to Yarn Barn. They have a great selection of stuff there... I can't wait for my mom to come out and visit becuase there is a great selection. Much better than I 've seen in a single store before. But, the poeple who work there were not very inviting. They didn't seem to like having customers... After looking around for a while I did find a group of mainly knitters (but they don't mind me crocheting ) that meet on the 2nd and 4th Saterday of the month at a Coffee Shop on Mass. street. It's a nice group of women. Most of them live in Lawrence, but a few come in from Topika. I have heard about a few other groups, but no details.

Archived