Bookmarks for Gifts: pattern added

cupcake

thanx alot crochetmama for the help yes it came in handy and I will have to get with Jackie soon for the thread she has to sell. Her prices are better then at Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cupcake, have you seen this site?

They have some pretty variegateds. . .:devil

I have some of the Altin Basak no. 50; it's Turkish thread, good quality and some pretty colours, and works up just slightly finer than a UK/Aus size 20.

I didn't look at the prices, though, so I don't know if they're outrageous :haha

Cupcake, have you seen this site?

They have some pretty variegateds. . .:devil

I have some of the Altin Basak no. 50; it's Turkish thread, good quality and some pretty colours, and works up just slightly finer than a UK/Aus size 20.

I didn't look at the prices, though, so I don't know if they're outrageous :haha

Many thanks, yes I am a customer of that site but the 10 only comes in a white , and cream. I havent tried the Altin Basak number 50 so I appreciate your comment. I am always a bit scepticle of ordering stuff of the net that I have never seen as it is hard to judge the exact thickness and quality.

• 3 weeks later...

I am very lucky! A Fairy Godmother sent me one of these beautiful bookmarks! It´s a piece of art! :manyheart Thank you so much to Cupcake for bringing them here and copying the pattern, and to my FG for crocheting one for me and sending it to far Argentina! :hug

Thank you for writing this down and even translating the directions for us. I've made a few and have enjoyed them. very fun and easy pattern.

will post a link (hopefully) to show a few of the 1's I've done. :)

detail?.dir=f8c1re2&.dnm=1c8bre2.jpg&.src=ph the threads are lt blue, shades of purple and shades of pink (looks QUITE red though....and only just got a cheapy dig cam so forgive me for the poor picts).

Sandy

I am glad people are enjoying this pattern. Vik your gift looks so yummy I could eat it! That is one well travelled little bookmark, from a pattern in Australia, hooked in the Philipines, and the RAOKed to Argentina!

Amazing how small our world has become! Australia - - Phillipines - - - Argentina!

Cupcake - you can honestly say that you are world famous!:clap

The 'Ville is everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all! I'm fairly new here although I registered with C'ville quite a long time ago. I have a few probs with tendonitis so I tend to crochet on and off. I LOVE to crochet and could just about cry when I cant do it although I manage to keep busy cross stitching and knitting a bit as well.

Anyway........I didn't mean to post a semi-intro here. I just wanted to say a big thank you to cupcake for sharing this recipe, err pattern. :heehee It's just lovely and I'm going straight over to Crochet Australia to order some thread. I have a quite a lot in my stash which is stored out in the van (my spare room) but it's SO darn freezing, I'm not stepping outside at 10.30pm to go fetch it. Brrrrr! :wbrr Besides, any excuse to order a little more stash has to be a good excuse. I'm sure I don't have any variegated out there. I really NEED to buy some. :devil I was so thrilled to find this 'thread', I immediately printed out the pattern and thought I'd head for bed and make one but alas........the freezing cold.....you know....:snow I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm thinking these will be great to make for our school fete that runs every November. I have plenty of time. :juggle

So thank you again. :yay

:cheerCupcake, thank you soooo much for the pattern and instructions for these bookmarks. I love the fan pattern on them. You are so generous to take the time and effort to do this for us. I hope to make several for gifts and thank you's.:cheer :cheer :cheer

You are welcome! I am sure they will be appreciated and you will enjoy making them.:manyheart

:cheerCupcake, thank you soooo much for the pattern and instructions for these bookmarks. I love the fan pattern on them. You are so generous to take the time and effort to do this for us. I hope to make several for gifts and thank you's.:cheer :cheer :cheer

Now as for the pattern, it is in my head. If someone wants I can try and write it out.

"If"? You didn't have any doubts as to how we would all want the pattern, did you? :D

Thank you so much for sharing. They are beautiful.

Archived