Bookmarks for Gifts: pattern added

cupcake

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on ya, cupcake! :rofl

Thank you so much for giving us the pattern! And for the thread info -- now I can use up that #40 hanging around from my tatting days. I have Cotton Perle #8 too and even some pretty variegated Turkish thread :yay

Hey Claire, I might come from the UK but I definitely don't sound like HM :queen. In 2000 I was on holiday in Arizona when some (American) tourists stopped me to ask for directions. I couldn't understand why the man started asking me how the cricket was doing (what I know about sport could be inscribed on the head of a pin, and I care even less). Then it dawned on me; he thought I was from Oz. . .

• 2 weeks later...

I am dragging this thread up cos a few people have emailed me for the pattern. Because I am a cheapscape I dont have a blog, but the pattern is earlier on this thread. :manyheart

Thanks so much for posting the instructions. I made a book mark to mail to a friend of mine in Holland. But I really like these more, so today I am going to try to make a few and see how they come out. Your a sweetheart for taking the time to write the instructions down for us. Thank you again:hug

These are very beautiful, thank you so much for sharing and taking the pain to write out the pattern for us!!!:hug I am an avid reader too and I love bookmarks but I havent made one yet! I'm starting this right away!:manyheart

I love these bookmarks and think they're a great gift idea. Thank you so much for sharing your pattern.

I tried to make one last weekend, but did something terribly wrong. I'm not sure what. :( I'm determined to figure it out though - they are so pretty!

Great bookmarks. I can't wait to make some. My girls read alot and always enjoy a new bookmark, they will love these. Thanks so much for the pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

Aelita, Cupcake is from Australia and I believe she can only use size 8 perle cotton for her thread work since I don't think she can get size #10 there. . I'm not sure what size hook she uses.

However, Jackie (jaclim here at Cville) made some of these bookmarks, and she used size #10 thread and a size #7 hook. Here's the link for hers: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26011&highlight=bookmark

Jackie also sells some really cool size #10 thread by Canon, Monoco, and Anchor and they come in some very unusual and interesting variegated colors and solids that look great in things like these bookmarks. Mimi here at Cville also sells thread too.

I hope this information helps. :hook Have fun!

you are correct, I am very limited in what thread I can get as I a far far away in down under Australia. I have never used a 10 or seen most of the beautiful threads I see on this site.

I use a coats 40 with a 1.25mm hook, or a coton perl 8 by semco.

Archived