Crochetkim's Personalized Baby Afghan

sakurasaku

You did a great job for your first project. I've been crocheting for a while and haven't try a project like this. You go girl.:yay

Yes, my friend knew that it was going to be a girl, and she told me what they were going to name her. I liked the name and that's what gave me the idea of making a personalized afghan.

As I was nearing the end of this project, I spoke with her again to make sure that she hadn't changed her mind about the name (the gift was being kept a secret). She told me that she was thinking of making it...get this...Shahrazad!

This is how the conversation went:

Me: (heart pounding) "YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT? You mean, Shahrazad like that character from Arabian Nights?" (thinking "just how many letters are in that name? 15? 20?")

Friend: "No. Everyone I say this to thinks I'm joking, but I think it's a pretty name and I really like the idea of a story-teller. But I realized that I don't even know how to spell Shahrazad, so I figured it won't be fair to burden the child with a name I can't even spell."

Me: "Yeah, I guess you are right (THANK GOD!)"

Well, if she really had changed the name, I might have tried to sell this one on e-bay or something and make another baby afghan (without the name) for her. I didn't have the strength to do "Shahrazad" :lol:lol:lol

Oh i know how you feel When my sister had her daughter she told me the baby was called Clare. I sent off a package immediately with lots of personalised stuff all with Clare on it only to be told a few days later she had changed her mind and the baby was called Karen:eek

Your project is beautiful i am sure she will love it

Oh i know how you feel When my sister had her daughter she told me the baby was called Clare. I sent off a package immediately with lots of personalised stuff all with Clare on it only to be told a few days later she had changed her mind and the baby was called Karen:eek

That was so thoughtful of you and I'm sure your sister appreciated them, even though the name got changed. So what did you (or she) do with all the "Clare" things???

Thank you, everyone, for such nice comments...:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

It's gorgeous, and it'll be cherished for a long time!

Kim her-very-self made one for my daughter, Gabrielle, when she was about 7 or 8 years old, I think. It was raspberry pink and white. Gabi is now 16 and *still* has Kim's afghan spread across her bed! She puts it there every single day. It's still gorgeous, too (gotta love Red Heart!) and very much cherished by Gabi. :hug

It's gorgeous, and it'll be cherished for a long time!

Kim her-very-self made one for my daughter, Gabrielle, when she was about 7 or 8 years old, I think. It was raspberry pink and white. Gabi is now 16 and *still* has Kim's afghan spread across her bed! She puts it there every single day. It's still gorgeous, too (gotta love Red Heart!) and very much cherished by Gabi. :hug

That is absolutely the sweetest thing EVER! Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Lauri. :manyheart

Archived