Raggedy Ann and Andy

Becks

For those who want a free crocheted pattern of these dolls it can be found here. www.members.shaw.ca/b.e.webb/index.html

The page that comes up says Betty's Place. Scroll down and click on index of recipes and patterns. When the index comes up under crochet click on Raggedy Andy and Anne and there is a pattern for these dolls. I've printed it out and haven't had a chance to make it yet.

How cute are those!!! Excellent Job! Every time I look at someone's project I want to make it too!

Can you get them anywhere besides Hobby Lobby? I don't have that around here, I only have JoAnn Fabrics, AC Moore, and Michaels or WalMart for craft stores

How cute are those!!! Excellent Job! Every time I look at someone's project I want to make it too!

Can you get them anywhere besides Hobby Lobby? I don't have that around here, I only have JoAnn Fabrics, AC Moore, and Michaels or WalMart for craft stores

The only place I have seen the kit or pattern for this particular set of dolls is on Ebay. I did look around on the web and found a website called Raggedy Land :think that had the kits but they were a ridiculous price. I think your best bet would be to watch ebay. I got both kits sealed for $15.00. Hope that helps;)

Todays my birthday and I have $50 extra bucks! I am fixing to go to Hobby Lobby tonight and get myself something. I will look for them. I also want a light up hook, more yarn (like I need it) and maybe a new pattern book.

I love these.

Have you seen one for Hollie Hobbie?

Laurie

• 1 month later...

I have a question, or two.. lol. How did you get the rows on the dress to work out? the pattern says to dec evenly for like 5 rows and i can't figure it out! please help me!

I have a suggestion about the hair that i thought of after i read thread. How about using the thick and lofty yarn for the hair?

Your version of the hair, did you insert hair in all of the sc's to make it full?

I finished my Ann dolly yesterday, I'm such a proud mom!, though my parakeet is jealous that there is something else to have my attention, besides her! she was climbing all over her house yesterday, in hopes of some attention! lol made the bloomers but dress and apron not umm big enough to warrant the bloomers, like her better without them.

Yea! for me! lol must be talking to myself cause umm been a week since posted and no responce... hmm

Happy Crochetting!

miss_soarneagle

Gosh, I'm sorry I didn't see this post of mine was brought back to the front page after so long! (I posted it two years ago.) LOL! IDidn't even know what category it would be in now that they've rearranged the posts into new categories.

Let's see, about your questions....

How did you get the rows on the dress to work out? the pattern says to dec evenly for like 5 rows and i can't figure it out!

I remember this was really strange. The photo of Ann on the box cover shows her wearing a pinafore with the double crochets going top-to-bottom.

Yet, the photo of the individual clothes pieces to the side of the big photo of Ann show the pinafore with the double crochet rows going horizontally. But the instructions are written for the pinafore that Ann is actually wearing, (the top-to-bottom one), so that's the one I made.

I looked back at my instructions and see that I made notes for her pinafore.

After the word Apron: it says "with ivory ch 22 loosely. I had crossed out 22 and put 16.

Then, for Row 1 the final dc count is 20. I crossed that off and wrote 14.

Then for row 2 - 28 I crossed out the 28 and wrote in 30 so I made 30 rows in all.

I realize you just posted that you finished your doll and so this info is too late for you to use. Maybe it can help someone else though.

Your version of the hair, did you insert hair in all of the sc's to make it full?

I didn't do every single crochet, (I don't think there'd be enough yarn to do that), but I filled it in really well.

I bought all the kits of Ann and Andy they had left at my Hobby Lobby and I I did open another Ann kit to finish my first Ann because I ran out of the flesh color yarn and I think the blue (but I'm not positive, it could have been another color. It was two years ago.) Maybe that's why they were clearanced. Perhaps people complained that they didn't have enough yarn or the pinafore instruction/ photo was wrong.

Anyway, it's still an awesome doll. They both are.

I have four unopened Andy kits, one unopened Ann kit, and one opened Ann kit if anyone is still looking to make one of their own. Just pm me. :)

Thanks so much for the info, but like I have said Ann is finished. I'm so proud of her!!! That was the only kit I had and I talked my self into getting an Andy, which ended up being 15 more than I paid for Ann but hey! I GOT to have them BOTH!! I'm wondering when I should tell my mom, cause either she will take them from me or say she needs some too! hahah! I'm Impatiently waiting for Andy to arrive. Maybe will post pics someday!

Happy Crochetting!

Trina o:o)

Have you seen one for Hollie Hobbie?

Laurie

Happy Birthday Laurie! I love the idea of Holly Hobbie crochet doll! I still have my doll from when I was a kid. She has got a little wear and tear and results of battery acid on a patch of her hat but I'm still glad to have her.

Curious.... what did you get with your b'day money?

Archived