Do you like plastic hooks?

I did get some plastic hooks. I think they were a cheap copy of the ones you speak off ala Bates etc, which are unavailable here. I found they broke. I did like the colours, and the fact that I could get them onto planes without too much hassle. The old basic aluminium ones seem to last the distance tho.

I have sort of an odd grip, I know I hold onto the hook lower than most. My only complaint is that the plastic ones are just enough shorter than the Boye that the bottom of the hook digs into my hand! I have pretty big hands for a woman too, so that doesn't help things.

Plastic hooks............ EWWWWWWWWWW! They do get warm in your hand so if you lived a cold place I guess that would be good but my hands SWEAT on them! ACK! It snags on yarn and bend way to much for me. I broke one when the boy stepped on it. But NO I do not like plastic ones at all. Nikki

I only tried some plastics that I got at Joann's and I can't remember the brand right off, but I use a lot of worsted weight and sport weight acrylic yarns...(Red Heart, etc).... and the needles seems to stick to the yarn... or cling I guess. And they really do squeak with it sometimes! Like I said though, I've only tried one brand.

Archived