Sign in to follow this  
Lefthook

Triumphant at last!

I'm so pleased--I finally made a doily! It's incredibly ugly (turquoise yarn) and now that I look at it this morning (I did it last night) I see parts that I left out and parts that I made up. But it's mine and I did it! Hopefully this will convince me that I can do other things! :cheer:clap:c9:yay:woo

Congrats on your first. :clap Who cares if you think it is ugly or you made up parts. That is why it makes it yours.

I think we all have at times either missed a part, made up a part, or just thought it was ugly when it was done.:D

This is Tampa Doll talking. Forgot to log out Tampa Guy. Will do so now.:hook

:yayCongratulations:yay on your first Doily! Do you have a picture? I would love to see your Doily!:clap I have yet to try a Doily, me and thread sometimes just can't get along.

Sheila, Congrats of your first doily!! You should post a picture, I'm sure it isn't as bad as you say.:hook

Congratulations - you are still one step ahead of me - I so want to start a doily but keep puting it off. :think

:cheer....congrats! I hope you can post a picture for us to see!! Everytime I'm in Walmart, I look at the thread.....but have yet to purchase one...LOL...i'm intimidated by it!! :hook

Congrats on the doily, Sheila!! :cheer

I'm with Stephanie, every time I pass thread at AC Moore, I feel the desire, but then I see the steel hooks, the desire fades just a bit. :laughroll Those hooks are waaay too small for my eyes!

I used to make all sorts of doilies and thread projects but over the course of time my eyes and my fingers have made all of them a pleasant memory. You can still use the patterns, with different weight yarns and of course hooks. baby yarn with a 3 mm hook or a 3.5 mm hook, sayelle with a 4mm hook, chunky with a 5mm hook. With all the really great cottons now on the market you can have some really pretty fashions or home accessories which are larger than the original intention. I use a lot of vintage patterns which were intended for children and are now large enough for teens. I now make table center pieces instead of doilies chair backs are now made for love seats or sofas and recently I finished a table cloth pattern into a bed spread. I've always been fascinated with this type of crochet. Its not the size of the thread, its the finished project and the joy it brings into my life. :manyheart

Congrats! I know how you feel. I have one WIP doily. (kitties in a ring) that I may finish someday! Sometimes my eyes and fingers tell me otherwise!