Finally, a hat for my puffy hair! UPDATE post 1

mwedzi

So, my hair is big. It's natural, it's nappy, it doesn't grow down, it grows out. I love the crocheted caps that fit snug against the head, they are so cute, but my hair is generally not in the state such that I can wear them. So I decided to make my own hat, which would be big enough to hold my hair. Funny enough, this is one of those rare times when my hair actually is in a style that makes it go down, so you can't really see in the pic how my hair would normally fill out the hat (just imagine a ballon under it). But I couldn't wait for a return to my normal poof ball to show you all my hat cuz I'm so proud!

Made with Paton's Classic Merino, takes 1 ball. No pattern, just standard increases for the crown and then cluster, chain a space and on the next round, cluster in the space and chain. Increase periodically until about 2/3 of the way through, then start decreasing periodically until you get the right diameter for your head. For the brim, I cut plastic canvas in the shape of the brim and inserted it between the two halves. Please excuse the strange expression, but this is the shot where the hat came out best.

th_crochetgreyhat.jpg

Side view: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/mwedzi/Crochet/crochetgreyside.jpg

Update! See, this is why I made the hat so big:

th_hairinhat.jpg

I'll be sure to post an update when my hair goes back to its normal state.

:haha :haha :haha Just keep that hair natural! Your hat is a great idea and it looks like it does a beautiful job of taming those locks. I wish I had your problem. My hair is FLAT!

The hat looks great. I am so proud that you figured out a pattern on your own to get what exactly you wanted. Great Job.

Linda:cheer :manyheart:cheer

Very cute hat. It suits you. I love that blue ribbon weaved in. Gives it a nice touch.

I love your hat! It's gorgeous! Where did you get that pattern? I would love to make one for me and my daughter like that. You can be very proud of it! Excellent job!:cheer

Daisy.

I love your hat, especially with the ribbon! I think you did a great job and you look ever so cute in it.

:cheer

(Cute is still a good thing, right? Or should I say stylin'?)

Archived