I don't know why I bought this WIP!

I can't believe I bought this WIP! I couldn't stand the thought that somebody did all that work to make those woven squares and that the project would simply remain unfinished or be discarded. I don't even like the colors! I'm not really into long hostess skirts. Any suggestions on how to use these squares?:think

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8386634385&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I see it now. I am not the most creative person in the world, but I think that those colors would look good as an afghan with black around it instead of white. I wonder how old the squares are.

KK

They look like they're from the 60's. They were actually made with a small gadget like a loom. I agree that they'd look better with black or some other darker color. I have 3 little granddaughters and was thinking I might make three identical ponchos. The afghan idea is good if there are enough squares.:)

These suggestions are sounding better and better! I love the purse idea as well as the pillows and small afghan. I think I will try to experiment with different color edgings, Donnalynn. And that was a great idea about using all one color, Busy Bee. I think if I play my cards right, I might actually be able to get several projects out of this. I think there are 108 squares in all. Thanks to all of you for helping me to get these old brain cells working!:ty

You can use them as the center of your square and just continue crocheting them out (say to 12") in a design pattern that you like. Then you can piece them together into a ghan.

You would have squares left over even for the centers of a couple of pillows to match.

The design that is already started there in the white around the squares is nice.

They look like they're from the 60's. They were actually made with a small gadget like a loom. I agree that they'd look better with black or some other darker color. I have 3 little granddaughters and was thinking I might make three identical ponchos. The afghan idea is good if there are enough squares.:)

I love this idea... and they'll love it. You could sew them together and be done!

I was hysterical reading your post - not understanding why you bought something!!! you are a typical crocheter!!! or just a typical shopper in general :cheer

Janet, I couldn't agree with you more! Roli, you are so talented... and here you buy these squares! :lol:lol:lol

I like the afghan idea with matching pillows. You could do the afghan in all the colors but have the pillows be solid colors. (like all pink etc.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntbubbels

I was hysterical reading your post - not understanding why you bought something!!! you are a typical crocheter!!! or just a typical shopper in general :cheer

Janet, I couldn't agree with you more! Roli, you are so talented... and here you buy these squares! :lol:lol:lol

:D How can you possibly pass up something that nice that somebody put so much effort into? It's impossible!!:hook So I'm not the only one...:lol

Thanks for all the suggestions. I mailed my check today and am anxiously awaiting that package of squares. The hardest thing will be to choose a project from all the great ideas that everyone offered!

I'm impressed with all the suggestions made by Crochetville members. I like the ideas of a purse/tote and pillows the best. Can't wait to see what they become. .......oooooooh how about place mats or table runner!!!!

you can turn them into some blankets for your local animal shelters. You dont realy like the colors, so , why not donate to our furry 4 legged friends!It was just a thought.

Have fun!

Archived