My Butterflies and Roses Shawl

Katchkan

Well I debated about showing this off, since I did it for the Crochet Olympics. But I don't think many saw it, so since I needed to try doing a clickable picture, since some very nice people helped me figure out how to do it. I thought I would kill two birds with one stone.

All right here are the stats. it measures 85 inches across. 30 & 1/2 inches long, I used 2,840 beads for the edging that are 14kt gold lined,

I wanted a shawl that was wider than the normal triangle. I think they stay on better. I used a size 5/1.9mm hook. I used Caron's Grandma's Best and a strand of gold thread. It does have shimmer in real life. It is my own original design.

Hopefully the picture is clickable

Yeah it works. So I am going to add one more Thank you, John :hug

th_BNROlyshawls.jpg

th_BNRoverview.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning work, me and my mum Had a look around your site which is amazing. My mum fell in love with the beaded dragon item and is showing all her friends it lol I think as we are welsh the dragon caught her eye. My mum says she is just speechless.(which is a rare thing:D )

loves

I'm just amazed by you, Kathy! Your work is so incredible. And I'm also impressed that you learned how to post your pictures with clickables! (I'm still not there yet....I'm waiting until after my daughter's wedding in June to take the time to learn.)

Beautiful, beautiful! :cheer

Here are some roses for your roses! :flower

Kathy, I honestly don't know how you do it. :shrug Your talent is amazing, as stated before. :nworthy I hope we are going to see your designs in a publication at some point.

I have not been impressed with many of the shawls I've seen, but that is one I would make and show off! Thank you for sharing. :c9

Kathy, that shawl is simply stunning - takes my breath away! Your skills are awe-inspiring! I just recently got my greedy little hands on your other shawl pattern, hoping to start on it soon, but if you ever get this one out too, I'll definitely be in line - roses and butterflies are my favorites, and to have them together... :c9:c9:c9

Archived