Going to make this snail for Ah Leah!

funkyreporter

I don't know that a snail is an accessory, but I thought this was too cute so downloaded the pattern and I'm going to make it for my dear sweet daughter, Angela - (Ah Leah here on the boards) - she so loves snails! Isn't it precious

1Snail.jpgspacer1x1.gifDesigner’s email: roxy@roxycraft.com

Designer’s website: http://www.roxycraft.com

:eek He looks like a Twiddlebug! :yay It must be the eyes. Do you remember them from Sesame Street?

OHMYGAWSH!!!!! You're right! I had completely forgotten about that! A twiddlebug - now there's a blast from the past!

I actually got the pattern here from one of our Villagers and then I remembered my daughter's extreme fear of snails so I thought I've got to make this for her! It will help her get over her fear if she sleeps with it every night, wakes up to it every morning! I'm hoping to finish it by Friday because I'm going up to see her for the weekend and how fun it would be to hide it in her bed covers so she could be surprised by it when she climbed into bed!:heehee

Do you HONESTLY not remember the emotional and physical trauma with the snails?

For those that want to know:

My younger siblings were in baseball. We were at my little sister's T-Ball game, and my ex-stepfather and his new wife were there too. For some reason, Andrea (ex-stepfather's new wife) picked up a snail, and then she started chasing me with it. I fell. I scraped my knee pretty badly. It was HORRIFYING. And to THIS DAY I have a scar on my knee from that. I call it the snail scar. I think it says something about my own MOTHER that she would make me relive that psychological trauma from my past in such a horrifying and wicked way. A giant snail! What a bitch!

(does anybody have a pattern for a corcheted salt shaker...?)

Do you HONESTLY not remember the emotional and physical trauma with the snails?

For those that want to know:

My younger siblings were in baseball. We were at my little sister's T-Ball game, and my ex-stepfather and his new wife were there too. For some reason, Andrea (ex-stepfather's new wife) picked up a snail, and then she started chasing me with it. I fell. I scraped my knee pretty badly. It was HORRIFYING. And to THIS DAY I have a scar on my knee from that. I call it the snail scar. I think it says something about my own MOTHER that she would make me relive that psychological trauma from my past in such a horrifying and wicked way. A giant snail! What a bitch!

(does anybody have a pattern for a corcheted salt shaker...?)

Honey, if you're looking for a pattern for a crocheted salt shaker you need to post under the Seeking Patterns catagory! Silly!

Luv ya

ooooh! Family Feud! :lol

Good thing we live 250 miles apart, huh? Now instead of leaving the room and slamming her door she just blocks me on the e-mail!!!!!!:grump

Shelle, can you direct her towards a giant salt shaker to combat the giant snail...:tryme:box

Ah Leah, you need to face that fear:snail ... snails aren't going to crawl in your room at night:snail ... snails won't be in the bathroom when you have to go potty in the dark:snail ... snails won't be outside your door when you go out in the morning:snail ... there's no reason to fear snails, honey:snail ... snails are your slimy goopy friends:snail

Now he is just tooo cute... won't mind finding that snail in my garden

:snail

Well, apparently Ah Leah is going to call child protective services on me if I put this thing in her bed... just because she was traumatized by a snail at a T-ball game by her ex-stepfather's current wife... (this is sounding WAY to Jerry Springer)... and this is just the tip of the volcano!

1Snail.jpgspacer1x1.gif/QUOTE]

First I must say I like the snail, :clap as in that form it is transposed into a cute

little critter not scary at all, but I don’t have any childhood trauma associated

with snails :eek lol (other things maybe:think )

It should provide the therapeutic affect for your daughter that you are wishing

for. It truly shows that eternal motherly instinct you have to continue to

nurture her, and follow her, through out and well into her adulthood. :hug

Or

You still like to scare the bee jesus out of her :eek lol ;)

Also it is clearly seen that Angela - (Ah Leah) is her mother’s daughter :lol

I whipped one up this morning.

They are quick and easy to do.

The hardest part, curling the shell and stitching it in place.

After I get a few more done, I will have to post a picture.

I whipped one up this morning.

They are quick and easy to do.

The hardest part, curling the shell and stitching it in place.

After I get a few more done, I will have to post a picture.

Oh, that's good to hear! Having ridiculously high ambitions I am hoping to make her the snail AND a quilt before we go up on Friday...

I may be PMing you if I run into trouble... like getting the shell to curl properly!

I, personally, think that the snail is a cute little bugger. Perfect for getting over those traumas.

But then again.......I would kill my husband if I found a crocheted snake in my bed....hmmm...I think I will stay completely away from this one. (cute snail though)

I, personally, think that the snail is a cute little bugger. Perfect for getting over those traumas.

But then again.......I would kill my husband if I found a crocheted snake in my bed....hmmm...I think I will stay completely away from this one. (cute snail though)

Honestly, this is gonna work! We are going to face these traumas together, one at a time, and get through them!

I just got back from JoAnne's and got the cutest, softest, prettiest yarns to make the snail... and three different sizes of buttons for eyes! (No, it's not gonna be a six-eyed snail - that would be scary) I was thinking I'd make a little snail family so she can see that snails are people too, with feelings, and that she needn't fear them. A mommy, a baby and four daddy snails... *inside joke - again, way too Jerry Springer for this forum*

I am so excited! These are going to be soft cuddly snails to snuggle with at night... pretty soon she'll be walking around campus with her books and her snails... she never really had a 'blankie' that she dragged around as a small child, so perhaps she needs to go back and experience what she missed out on... and it will start with her very own sweet little stuffed snail!

Meh hmmm

If we want it to be like MY family we need:

1 mommy snail

4 daddy snails

2 half sister snails

4 half brother snails (1 gay, 1 incarcerated please)

2 step sister snails

2 step brother snails

1 brother in law snail

2 half nephew snails

2 pregnant girlfriend snails from 2 of my half brothers

PLEASE PLEASE does anybody have the number for Jerry Springer! I don't suppose there would be extra points if I said I'm the mommy snail AND one of the half-sisters? - but definitely not a half-nephew...

Archived