Strawberry Shortcake CAL

Becks

I finally bought this pattern book at Hobby Lobby using my 40% off coupon and I was wondering if anyone else was interested in making them too as a CAL?

ww443965z3av.jpg

I saw Herrschner's has kits which include yarn as well, but I went cheap and just bought the booklet. (I'm not sure if this will be cheaper in the long-run, though). :lol

I hadn't seen the booklet in any of the stores I shop at until finally the Hobby Lobby had one. And I mean ONE! So I got it.

If any of you are interested, please let me know and I'll wait on starting mine until you can get your own patterns. And yarn.

I'm thinking of using Sugar 'n Cream cotton. I love the feel of cotton dolls. And they have some really bright new colors too. I hope there won't be a problem getting all the flesh colors. (Now I'm starting to think twice about my decision not to get the kits already, :lol ). ANYWAY, let me know!

WOW! Those are adorable! (I'm old enough to remember actually watching the Starwberry Shortcake Cartoon!) I'll have to check my local HL this afternoon and see if they have that!!!

oh, how cute. i wish i still had a little girl to make one for. and the ability to do something that complicated. :scared mine would probably end up looking like one of those awful garbage pail kids from the trading cards back then. :lol

I would be interested in making these for Shakira, my six yo GD. She loves the characters. I am making her a dress out of chrochet bodice and matereial of SS on the bottom. It is very hard to get character clothes for her. She is 4'5'' and has a 5 foot. The clothes she fits are for older girls, pre teens. As for flesh tones. I find that you can use embroidery floss. There are so many shades of floss that you can match just about anything. If I can find the pattern I'll join.

Hi Dazy! (I'm a Hoosier too!) :hug

ANYWAY, I have three teen-aged boys so I certainly don't have anyone to make them for,...but myself! :lol (I just figure that maybe one day, I'll have some grandkids and they'll be able to play with them.)

I just love making dolls so I don't mind at all. It's so much fun to turn a pile of yarn into a cute doll. I can't ask for more. :yay

I have that book, and I love it! I just used RH ww yarn in Buff. I made my doll with ww yarn, so she turned out a little bigger than the one in the book, but that didn't matter to my GD. She's 8, and she LOVES for me to make her crocheted dolls. I've lost count of the number of dolls I've made her. Most I make up, but this one I used the book. They're pretty easy to follow, too. Have fun!! :hook After I made her doll, I made Sarah a matching sweater & hat. She looked so cute!StrawberryShortcakeSarahoutside.jpg

if i can find the book I wouldnt mind joining in either, shouldnt be to hard I made my dd bed time bear and cheer bear from the carebears

Do you have pics? I'd love to make one of those for my baby step-GD. Were they hard to make?

Shelle, I LOVE that picture!!! :manyheart Your doll looks fabulous and I can't believe you made the matching hat and sweater for your gd too!!!! How neat!. :clap

I'll look for that buff color in RH too. Thanks for the tip!

• 3 weeks later...

I just went to Herrschner's website and ordered all 4 kits for my almost 7-year old. I did buy the book a while ago at Hobby Lobby but the kits were a lot cheaper than I expected. I hope to get them soon! My daughter wants me to do Angel Cake first.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, newbie here and new to crochet a longs! These are just too adorable and I want to make one for my daughter whose not a girly girl but I am!!!! I will hunt high and low to find this pattern but I'm inthe UK and we don't get such a good range of patterns here!

Can't wait to join in on this one,

Sharon

• 3 weeks later...

Uh Oh...I have this pattern on my wishlist...looks like I am going to have to splurge and buy it for myself. That's okay cause I want to put those care bear ones on my wishlist...:manyheart So, I may be joining in on this CAL here pretty soon...going to buy that pattern now. :)

That pattern is now bought. I am joining in on this CAL. Once I get my book that is. I am excited as I have been wanting to make these dolls. I can hardly wait for the book to arrive now. :D

Is anyone still doing this one? Here is my progress...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/slichly/162821397/

I am now making all the little strawberries for the hat and my DD has "dollnapped" her even though she has no hair or face.

My mom bought the pattern and yarn kit for me. Too bad for me, my yarn kit did not include any pink for the strawberries so I was trying to find the rright color. Also, my doll turned out about the right size but I must have messed up on the hat. It's waaay to big :) Did anyone else have trouble with the neck? Even with the neck support, the head is still floppy... Of well, She will still be loved.

Hi Stephanie, I sure hope this CAL is still going on cause I just ordered my book the other day and am waiting for it to come in the mail. The I will be off yarn shopping.

I loved seeing that picture of yours. I hope you can get her back to finish her but it looks as if your daughter has a tight hold of her...its gonna be a fight, eh?

• 2 months later...

Hi There:

I wanted to know if there is still time to join in on this crochet along. I asked my friend in Illinois to get me the book as here in the country its no wheres to be found..

Any ways I know she will mail it to me just don't know when... I just want to know if i can just join in when i receive the book or is it too late...

Maybe some other ladies or gents might want to start when i start so i have companionship as i go along with it..

please let me know.

thanks

My 5yo is such a Tom Boy but loves the SS cd's that she has. I'll have to ask her if she'd like these dolls. Maybe I can join if she would like me to make them for her!

Amy

How berry cute! I have to find this book as well! I have a pattern book for knitting SS sweaters, but by the time I figure out how to knit them,(and then actually knit them) my daughter would be too old. These, I think that I could handle. i love the crochet along idea. it gives you outside motivation to finish a project. I'm terrible about making half of anything.:blush(I think that this smilie looks like Debbie Downer from SNL. haha!

• 1 month later...

aww... i havent seen this book before now, I WANT ONE!! lol. my dd LOVES strawberry shortcake. i did too when I was a kid, I still have my original doll. whats with the oversized heads on toys now-a-days?

I purchased mine last week at Hobby Lobby for 9.95 minus a 40% discount coupon. I won't be starting these until after Christmas as I know I can't get them done before Christmas. My GD'S are only 4 and 5 months old right now. So I thought they would be cute for there birthdays.

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I am looking for Strawberry Shortcake crochet doll paterns (Angel cake, Gingersnap, Orange Blossom and of course Strawberry Shortcake).

This will be my first time and I was wondering if the dolls would be suitable for beginners?

Also, what is the cost of the the patterns?

How would they be sent?

The dolls are gorgeous on your photo. I have tried to google Liesure Arts for the patterns but they don't have them.

I plan to make all the dolls for my 4 year old, who adores Strawberry Shortcake and friends.

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Cathy:cheer

Archived