Easter Crochet Story

cupcake

Well that was such great fun! Everyone was really surprised with their gifts, and there was laughter all arround. The most unlikely bloke, who wears leather and rides a bike was the most appreciative..I put a blue long eared crazy bunny on his key board and he was wrapped.:lol

The little baskets and chickens were also well received.. I reckon the baskets have potential for mothers day... What would you put int them tho??

Any way Happy Easter to you all!

It is a magical day here and the family and I plan to go down the beach later this afternoon.

I love everything you made! I made 42 of those easter egg bunnies. I filled them with candy and everyone was so happy!!! I was only going to hand out 12 to my closest co-workers, but once I got started--I handed out 23 that day. They were so much fun to give away. So nice to see people smile. It was a nice RAOK day for me!

I love your idea of gluing a little bow to the top of their heads. The chicks would be a cute idea for next year...or do you think that I need to come up with something completely different?! I'm saving your links. Can never have TOO many patterns! You've been a busy woman! Did you just use the bunny pattern of one pattern and the beak/wings/feet of the other pattern for the chicks?

So cute, so cute!:1sheep:rabbit

Yarnlover it was you who got me started!

In the end I made 6 hens, 3 chickens, 8 baskets, 3 bunnies, and 8 bunny brooches. Like you I was only going to do my managers and secretary but once I got started I couldnt stop! A few of the men took theirs home for their wifes, children. I also had an extra basket for my assistants elderly mum. It was a nice feeling. Apparantly their last boss stayed in his office all day. I share your RAOK sentiment.

I made one chicken from the pattern link which was soo fiddley as it had a top and a bottom so then I adapted it and as you have said used the bunny base but added the chicken bits of the other pattern. Next year I think I will do more of the chickens as they were very cute.

I love everything you made! I made 42 of those easter egg bunnies. I filled them with candy and everyone was so happy!!! I was only going to hand out 12 to my closest co-workers, but once I got started--I handed out 23 that day. They were so much fun to give away. So nice to see people smile. It was a nice RAOK day for me!

I love your idea of gluing a little bow to the top of their heads. The chicks would be a cute idea for next year...or do you think that I need to come up with something completely different?! I'm saving your links. Can never have TOO many patterns! You've been a busy woman! Did you just use the bunny pattern of one pattern and the beak/wings/feet of the other pattern for the chicks?

So cute, so cute!:1sheep:rabbit

wow you have been busy very cute... My mom told me the other day she crocheted some crosses and slipped them into some envelopes and took them with her to give at a medical service at a Cosco store... She said after she got home she got a call from the store and the ladies just loved them... Ya never know what a small act of kindness can mean.

I had taken 12 of those bunnies to our diabetes fundraiser and sold them. I had a lady ask me if I took special orders for them. LOL I just said no. I have two orders pending and just couldn't take any orders for more bunnies, besides after 42 I'm about burned out on them for now. However, last night I thought I might make 2 more--for each one of my ministers. :lol They are young and fun. I think they'd get a kick out of them.

I love the little bunny brooch, i will save that one for next year as i could make them for my little grandgirls and i could also pin them on to some of my larger dolls, they are so cute.:clap

I had taken 12 of those bunnies to our diabetes fundraiser and sold them. I had a lady ask me if I took special orders for them. LOL I just said no. I have two orders pending and just couldn't take any orders for more bunnies, besides after 42 I'm about burned out on them for now. However, last night I thought I might make 2 more--for each one of my ministers. :lol They are young and fun. I think they'd get a kick out of them.

hehe , I know what you mean! I ended up making three more baskets for the little girls next door! I had run out of plastic eggs and put little chocolates and m & ms in them.

I have decided that if and when any of my kids get married, the baskets would look nice on the wedding tables with sweets in them. I was imagining them in white, or a matching colour to the bridesmaids. Given none of my children look like getting married in the short term (I also have an older daughter) this gives me time to plan! :lol :lol

• 3 weeks later...

Your son and my son must be cut from the same bolt!! Too funny!!

That was a very cute story! And very inspiring work yuo have put together! I will see if I can make something like this for next eyar!

thanks for your kind comments. You know Easter was 2 weeks ago and these things are still all arround the office, on desks and computers. One of the blokes was on leave during the break and had moved desks. He is known as a bit of a grump. He commented on the "bunny and basket things" and asked what happened to his so I had to take one in for him... Quite amusing really. Just goes to show when you think you have people figured they surprise you. :manyheart

Archived