Scarf I made. Now, stop laughing

Ah Leah

Glad to see someone else mention the Doctor! That was exactly the first thing that sprang to my mind, too. And y'know, I have an inordinate fondness for extra-extra-long scarves *because* of Doctor Who. (And, perhaps, because of my age -- it just seems fun and "funky" to me.)

I think it looks intriguing, although I'd love to see it on you, wrapped around and lookin' cool. That would show everyone here just how chic a scarf the length of an anaconda can be!

Lene'

LOL!!

Dr. WHO's scarf was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw yours.

I was crazy enough to look that up a while ago and I'm 1/2 way through my Dr. Who scarf...about 400 or so rows to go...LOL!

Just keep wrapping it...LOL...it's a great look! (just don't choke yourself!)

Three times in one year while leaving the same grocery store, I tripped over nothing and went sliding across the parking lot on my stomach. Two of those times I was holding a 12 pack of soda which broke apart as I hit the pavement, sending soda cans all over the parking lot. The last time it happened, a man driving by was kind enough to lean his head out and laugh just as I was getting up. Thanks, man, I'm fine:angry .

Oh, my, what an experience. I might have laughed (because you make it sound so funny when you write it) but I would have stopped to help you!

My best fall was in a Ben Franklin store. I hadn't taken a cart, but got back in the yarn department, saw a sale price, and ended up buying about 10 skeins of Red Heart in a rainbow of colors for a baby afghan. Just as I got up to the registers, I tripped over an end display and every last skein of yarn went flying up into the air! It was hilarious! Fortunately I wasn't hurt, but my son was with me and he was horrified. We never go into that store together without remembering when Mother threw the rainbow up in the air!

Just a suggestion, but you gals that are slipping and falling all over parking lots and stores, perhaps if you don't crochet while you're walking you'd get farther... just a suggestion!:tup

Hey have you thought about lasoing some of the cows next to the college?:devil

How about a basketball player, then for him it won't be to long. :P

No, No I have it, you wrap it around some kindergartners and take them on a field trip. You sure won't lose them that way. :lol

You could also take it to a sappy movie with a lot of your friends and stretch it across the whole row for them to use when they cry. just kidding.:lol

Hey have you thought about lasoing some of the cows next to the college?:devil

How about a basketball player, then for him it won't be to long. :P

No, No I have it, you wrap it around some kindergartners and take them on a field trip. You sure won't lose them that way. :lol

You could also take it to a sappy movie with a lot of your friends and stretch it across the whole row for them to use when they cry. just kidding.:lol

Well, Tampa, those are some very good and practical ideas! You obviously put a lot of thought into this! Thank you.

Cow lasoing in Merced has got to be second only to cow tipping!

They have no sports teams yet, so they remain the Undefeated Merced Bobcats!!!! (I'm so proud) But there might be a cold basketball player somewhere (?)

The wrapping it around kindergartners is a really good idea since Ah Leah will be working for 11 weeks at a summer camp... gotta keep track of 'em somehow!

And I could just see her and her group of friends all slobbering in a row into the scarf watching some chic-flick... a touching scene indeed!!

This is such an amazingly caring and wonderful place... I just love it here!

That is a great scarf!, Ah Leah.

It should keep the owner very warm in the winter. In fact, it will allow two people to sit warm and cozy and share it. If you have a baby, you can share it with your baby too.

You could call it a tandem scarf, or a sharable scarf, or a lover's pair scarf.

You made the best with you what you had.

Mushroom

That is a great scarf!, Ah Leah.

It should keep the owner very warm in the winter. In fact, it will allow two people to sit warm and cozy and share it. If you have a baby, you can share it with your baby too.

You could call it a tandem scarf, or a sharable scarf, or a lover's pair scarf.

You made the best with you what you had.

Mushroom

Yes, Ah Leah, YOU MADE THE BEST WITH ABOUT 14 SKEINS OF WHAT YOU HAD:rofl :rofl :rofl

?? why laugh I have seen scarfs for sale that are very long they go around the neck a few times and then hang down long. When you get tired of it you can always take it apart and have enough yarn to create something else lol

?? why laugh I have seen scarfs for sale that are very long they go around the neck a few times and then hang down long. When you get tired of it you can always take it apart and have enough yarn to create something else lol

Yeah, she can frog it and make an afghan!!!!

Okay, Hummywinger, if you think I'm being hard on Ah Leah, she's my daughter and her incredible skills of making long skinny things (scarves) or short wide things (blankets) are learned from me! She has actually taught herself to knit which is still something I can't do! I'm just messing with her - I think it's really sweet that she made a scarf big enough for the whole family to use... all at once!

Um, I started a baby blanket (you know, the ones that are about 30" x 45"?) from the Leisure Arts booklet, year of baby afghans, January's pattern.

I had thought that I tend to crochet tightly, so I used a larger hook. And since everybody says that afghans are very forgiving on gauge, I didn't bother to measure. This particular pattern is crocheted with rows making up the long dimension, changes color every row and finishes off the colors every row to provide fringe.

So, you guessed it, about a third of the way through, when it seemed to me to be getting a little heavy for a baby, I hauled out the tape measure. the length was 60'' long. :eek And every row is a separate piece of yarn due to the brilliant design feature meant for fringing. :irk So, I stopped. It is now a baby blanket measuring 60" by 24". What on earth can I do with that?

Not to mention that I didn't know enough to frog rows where I didn't complete the spike stitch pattern properly before moving on to the next. I know we are all supposed to appreciate our first efforts, but really. :sigh

*I* think your scarf is marvelously Dr. Who-ish. I'd never have the patience to finish something that long. Except of course when I'm trying to make something smaller, eh?

everything I make is too long. I made a baby blanket for a teacher and she asked why it covered their queen bed. I didn't have a good answer for that one.

My first thought was : Good--if she's ever caught in a turret, she can let down her scarf for Prince Charming to climb (hair would hurt WAY too much). I like it. I like the color, I like the style, and I like that it's different. Who wants to be like everyone else? Another possible suggestion--use it like one of those waist lines to walk your dog (tied around your waist and the other end to your dog). Well, not my dogs, who pull. Who would pull and make it even longer. Patty

My work assignment today had me near a train crossing and I kept hearing train horns and the dinging of the crossing thingy, and I suddenly had a vision...

Ah Leah takes the train down from Merced when she comes to see us, and I pictured her in the train with about a quarter mile of the scarf trailing out the window behind her....:wangel

Actually I am not laughing at all.....it seems that extra long scarves are the in thing these days and I think that your long scarf is very lovely!:cheer I've been considering making one of those extra long ones too.

Daisy.

Archived