The Sock Sisters Sassy and Maddy

Tampa Guy

Mary Jo wanted to wait, but I'm posting this for her now as I want to show off Sassy & Maddy :D

Mary Jo wrote :hook

Last October 2005 for the silent auction I bid on and won the sock monkey basket. Well

out of it came Mr. Sock’s smoking his cigar th_SocksDressedwithCigar.gif

I bought some additional yarn supplies as Mr. Socks quickly expressed concerns that he would like a companion Blossomth_Ms.gif

Then came along Ms.Crochetville who then went off to the 2006 silent auction to look for a nice home and companion MsCrochetville.gif

Following quickly behind appeared the Sock Sisters, Sassy and Maddy, who will be traveling up to Jersey with their special playmates Sidney & Madison

SockSisters.gif

Alas it will just be Mr. Socks and Blossom left to enjoy Spring Break unless another

Monkey appears. We will just have to wait and see lol

OMG those are the cutest things :manyheart John could you ask MaryJo what yarn she used to make the monkeys ?

Thanks everyone, I really have fun making these and I have enough yarn left to make at least one more.:lol

The yarn I used was Barnat Denimstyle colors Rodeo Tan (2) and Canvas (1). These yarns are good, as with the Rodeo, you only have to use one strand, instead of the 2 the pattern calls for. You only have to use 1 strand of the canvas when you do the feet, hands and face. Now for the red parts I used Lion Brand Microspun in red. You can use any yarn that is red, I just happen to have a lot left after Socks was made. You do not use a lot of red.

I had trouble finding the color Rodeo Tan and Canvas in the stores, so I had to order over the internet. Hope you can find these colors in your lys.:hook

Thanks everyone, I really have fun making these and I have enough yarn left to make at least one more.:lol

The yarn I used was Barnat Denimstyle colors Rodeo Tan (2) and Canvas (1). These yarns are good, as with the Rodeo, you only have to use one strand, instead of the 2 the pattern calls for. You only have to use 1 strand of the canvas when you do the feet, hands and face. Now for the red parts I used Lion Brand Microspun in red. You can use any yarn that is red, I just happen to have a lot left after Socks was made. You do not use a lot of red.

I had trouble finding the color Rodeo Tan and Canvas in the stores, so I had to order over the internet. Hope you can find these colors in your lys.:hook

Thanks MaryJo :) I've made one beore out of 3 strands of thread held together but that's rough on the hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are darling MaryJo! Where do you get the pattern for those, I must not be looking in the right place, because I just can't seem to find one! Thanks!

Theresa

Isnt is nice that Mary Jo's hubby is so involved in her crochet work and her forum? Wow. That was brilliant, thanks for sharing her work with her crochet friends.

Why thanks for that complement lol

Actually I like to help Mary Jo with the computer forum access and picture stuff as she does not like to do those types of activities.

I have learned that when she is happy I’m happy and when she is upset I’m upset. We have learned to help each other and get involved in each others hobbies. She became a Ham Operator (N2AJG) because Amateur Radio was one of my hobbies.

(WA2VHR) Now she doesn’t smoke cigars but she does go into the cigar stores with me, :D When people are happy, giving, trusting and loving you can reach 35 years together. ;)

.....When people are happy, giving, trusting and loving you can reach 35 years together. ;)

John, what a beautiful thing to say (and live - as you both clearly have done/are!) Thank you for being a part of the 'Ville community in your own right - just goes to show that crochet isn't the only thing we create and share here..... :ghug

Those are sooo cute! I bought the book but haven't made any yet. You've inspired me though! Thery4, the book is from Leisure Arts, called Crocheted SOCK MONKEYS, and it's #3130. Hope you can find it. :hook

Thanks, Shelle! I found it on ebay and ordered it! I can't wait for it to get here sometime next week! They are going to make good Christmas gifts for nieces and nephews. My 15 yr old daughter wants one too. Mary Jo's are really awesome, hope mine turn out half that good!

Theresa

• 2 weeks later...
Those are sooo cute! I bought the book but haven't made any yet. You've inspired me though! Thery4, the book is from Leisure Arts, called Crocheted SOCK MONKEYS, and it's #3130. Hope you can find it. :hook

I JUST got that book off of eBay and I would love to make some. It looks hard but I'm going to try anyway! :scared

Archived