A funky retro beret in less than a day's work

dur30cat

Love it! Do you have a pattern? my kids, including my sons, are wearing those lots lately.

Oh, and the blacksheep tape at your blog... I soooooooo want one. I didn't know they made black ones. Too cute! :sheepjump

Ooo, another question... did you use anything in the brim to make it stiffer? The crocheted ones my kids bought (yes, they bought crocheted hats while on a ski trip - can you believe it?)... the ones they bought have plastic reinforcement in the brims.

Thanks everyone! :)

The pattern's from Family Circle Easy Crochet Fall/Winter 2005. It called for 2 strands held together but I preferred using a single strand and just simply went down on my hook size.

It works well enough -- no stiffener needed. I just like it the way it is.

Wow that looks really nice. It looks great on you and the color is awsome.

I love it! I went to your blog but saw the modeled pic. I also saw all your other stuff, and it's amazing! I love your cropped tops and that royal sweater (the black and grey one) is just so impressive. Wow.:clap

Awesome hat Emy! I love berets but they don't look good one me.. This however looks absolutely fabulous on you =) :manyheart:cheer

And yes, I wear them anyway sometimes =)

Awesome hat Emy! I love berets but they don't look good one me.. This however looks absolutely fabulous on you =) :manyheart:cheer

And yes, I wear them anyway sometimes =)

Thanks Yarnster. To be honest, I don't quite wear hats too.

My SIL would probably look fab in this one but she hasn't seen it yet -- she's been pestering me to *gift* her the white knitted beret I made.

Em

Archived