Could someone explain to me about a crochet along. When you join one of these Cals, do you have to show your finished item and is there any time frame to get said item done?

Basically a CAL is where a bunch of us get together to work on either the same pattern or something that is similar in nature. We encourage each other to finish, help if each other gets stuck and such. Usually there aren't time frames and it's a lot of fun! The queen of the CAL's Miss Julie Kay will be able to answer any possibly question I didn't answer here! Join in the fun but watch out, they suck you in and you'll be past the point of no return like me! :devil

Hi Sprtsbear

Yep, Donna explained it all very well. We'd really love to have you join up with us . There's a good number of them going so lots to choose from .

Come on over and join us -- you'll have a blast . :D

What JulieKay doesn't tell you is that she is like the Emporer from Star Wars. "Come on over to the dark side! You are usless to resist!" :devil I was recruited quite awhile ago and have been unable to turn away. Her powers are very strong! :2magic

(Just kidding of course! :))

Donna -

You're making me bust a GUT here . :lol

LUKE, you're my only hope ........

I'll have to start swinging my crochet hook around like a sword ... My husband will have me in the looney bin by 4:30 pm when he gets home .

( He's probably been looking for a way to get me in there anyhow -- I have talked to him til he's ready to scream !!! )

That's why I like it here so much --only problem is, I have my fingers worn down to the first knuckle typing so much .

Getting hard to crochet with half a finger .:D

i was in the crochet olympics CAL. thats the nearest to a sports activity that i care to get. :lol we had alot of fun with it. we picked a project that would be challenging for us and tried to finish it from the time the real olympics opened, and when it closed. i actually made my first wearable. a simple shrug that my daughter promptly ran off with. and the grandmother flower garden CAL. i swear, i saw hexes in my sleep. but now i've started another GFG lapghan.

CALs are a blast.:yay

Thanks for all the advice. I will be joing one of these right after Easter. I have given up buying yarn for Lent. One more week to go. I have been using up my stash and hardly put a dent in it. Oh well when you are a yarnaholic. Be joining all of you soon.

Oh DAZY

Give me your answer do ....

I just opened a new CAL .. you want to join, don't you ? :D

DARN, sucked in again. :oops and i was THIS close to having all my projects finished. i could see the end from here. now you've gone and moved the end again. you rascal.:2spin

Archived