Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Julie, I am so in love with your afghan that I am going to shamelessly copy the way you arrange those colors and make one someday. (Is that okay?:blush )

Donna, I venture to say that the answer is yes - you are the only one insane or I SHOULD say - brave enough to do the pinwheels afghan. (It really is brave of you.) It looks so challenging - but think of the satisfaction you'll feel when it is done!

Vims - Happy New Year! I hope you enjoy the holiday!

Theresa - HOw FRUSTRATING!:irk Why are the upper echelon at work so inconsiderate in their decision making. Yet - you were able to write a cute poem about it - good for you. I hope tomorrow goes better!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you all aren't tired of reading me, but I just had to post one more SPECIAL note to NORMA because I was the lucky recipient of her beautiful yo-yo square. :manyheart:dance

Thanks again, Norma - I love it and it sure looked like a lot of work went into it to me!

Forine - Those colors look lovely together! Very pretty! Do you think it would qualify for also the Patriotic CAL as well? :hook

I was thinking that myself .. it is very Americana. Always liked blue, white and red combination.

I always throw a fit when designers do not make use of the rusty browns ochres, blues and if they really cannot resist a nice shade of green when they design a national uniform for Australia.

This board is so hopping!

Forines All of your afghans are so lovely! I love the colors in your prairie star too! That is such a good idea for a lap ghan too...up until I read that, I was real apprehensive about all of those diamonds, but that is a really good idea.

AJ You are making such good progress on your beautiful ghan! Exciting T.V. and radio sure do help! I remember many years ago enjoying listening to the Detroit Tigers games on the radio with my Grandmother...now I must find out if I can still do that!

Brandy don't feel like a lagger (that's my department! ) LOL I don't have any squares finished yet, but I did get the rest of my yarn today....and some extra that was on sale too......now there is no excuse not to finish at least the three squares I have started! Oh except I also got supplies to make some barefoot sandals (must at least to get one done...just to see if I can) and that yarn I got on sale will sure make a nice sweater for summer (and I really should at least try to get it started) Somebody stop me!:eek

Dianne thanks for the kind words...I guess you and I will just have to keep Brandy company

Dazy It's so good to hear that someone had a "stop the madness" day! I'm very happy for you!

To Everyone else......Happy Crocheting and have a wonderful weekend!:hook:hook:hug

Theresa "2"

Ok, Vims -- you are the second person that asked me to dust off the old bat- so let me get it out of the closet and I'll start swinging it !! Get busy on your afghan today .. We're waiting to hear some progress .

Forines -- What is the color called that is around your star-- the speckly- type color ? That looks really interesting ! Lovely afghan, that's for sure .

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood this morning, ladies !

Wow, what a busy board. I'm here ,but like I said , I go to bed with the chickens, so I missed out on LOTS of posts last night. Just now caught up with you all again !

Sounds like everyone is hard at work , but if you are reading this and still haven't started , here's a short but sweet message :

GET YOUR BUNS MOVING .:tryme

I am so glad that you like it . It wasn't really that hard . It acutally was fun doing it. I did it right after I had my surgury and was laying flat of my back. I frogged it like 3 times before I got it right . But that is just me . I am my worst cridict (?) <spelling. :hug

I hope you all aren't tired of reading me, but I just had to post one more SPECIAL note to NORMA because I was the lucky recipient of her beautiful yo-yo square. :manyheart:dance

Thanks again, Norma - I love it and it sure looked like a lot of work went into it to me!

Thanks, Theresa! And yup, you can listen to the Tigers on the radio! I looked on their website and the next game is:

Next Game: Fri., April 14 @ 7:05 p.m. ET

Radio: WXYT 1270 AM

I used to hate listening to games on the radio -- I wanted to SEEEEEE the action, but after a few years of listening to the Sox on the radio (whenever they're not on TV here) and listening to the Denver Broncos on the radio in football season, I've come to really enjoying it. LOL If you would have been here yesterday you would have heard me whooping and hollering in excitement as the Sox opened with two home runs on batters 2 and 3, right in the first inning. And oh MAN was that third inning exciting! After two outs, they sent SEVEN other batters to the plate and scored 5 runs. It was incredible!

But enough babbling on about baseball. ;)

I'm making pretty good progress on my afghan. I stayed up till 2:30 last night working on diamonds. I did 68 yesterday leaving me with only 46 to go. It's SO NICE to finally be on the home stretch here. :cheerI think I just might get it done by Saturday! YAY! :jumpyay

Even though it's for my 2 year old niece, her mom (my sister in law) can be kind of picky and she's a bit .... odd acting ... about my crochet (looooooong story :blah) and if she doesn't like it, I know I won't be able to hold back the tears. Normally I wouldn't care if someone didn't like something - I'd just make a mental note never to make them something again. But this time, after slaving away non-stop for a week and getting very little sleep, I won't be able to keep my emotions in check.

And uh oh, I see Julie's got her bat and is ready to do some swinging.:tryme;)

I'm making pretty good progress on my afghan. I stayed up till 2:30 last night working on diamonds. I did 68 yesterday leaving me with only 46 to go. It's SO NICE to finally be on the home stretch here. :cheerI think I just might get it done by Saturday! YAY! :jumpyay

Even though it's for my 2 year old niece, her mom (my sister in law) can be kind of picky and she's a bit .... odd acting ... about my crochet (looooooong story :blah) and if she doesn't like it, I know I won't be able to hold back the tears. Normally I wouldn't care if someone didn't like something - I'd just make a mental note never to make them something again. But this time, after slaving away non-stop for a week and getting very little sleep, I won't be able to keep my emotions in check.

And uh oh, I see Julie's got her bat and is ready to do some swinging.:tryme;)

Oh, AJ, she better like it or we will all come over with our crochet hooks in hand and crochet a big coccoon around her house until she absolutely loves everything crochet!. And we'll do it all in wool so that when it rains and the sun comes out it will shrink! Truthfully, I really don't know why anyone wouldn't like that beautiful afghan! I know you will get it done by Saturday!

Look out.....Julie's got the bat out!

Theresa "2"

Oh, AJ, she better like it or we will all come over with our crochet hooks in hand and crochet a big coccoon around her house until she absolutely loves everything crochet!. And we'll do it all in wool so that when it rains and the sun comes out it will shrink! Truthfully, I really don't know why anyone wouldn't like that beautiful afghan! I know you will get it done by Saturday!

Look out.....Julie's got the bat out!

Theresa "2"

Theresa you are such a sweetheart! LOL your post brought such a huge smile to my face! :day

Good morning everyone! It is taking everything within me NOT to do that Flowers for Mom afghan!!!! NO NO NO! I MUST RESIST!!!!!

(See why I haven't sent in to do the masters program for CGOA yet? I need to pick a year where I'm not doing anything else! :hook)

Well, square #3 is almost done. I still have to do the last 2 rows (which I swear take the longest.) The last row has a total of 2100 CHAINS you have to make!!! I counted!!!!! See why I am going insane?

I also may take a little break today because even though I finished the scarf for my swap partner I'm not happy with it and am thinking about trying a love knot kinda thing which may take me away from this for a bit. We'll see how much progress I make though...

Glad to see everyone's progress!!!! Unfortunately I cannot start putting the squares together til I have them all completed so I won't have any pics for awhile!

Keep stitchin everyone!!!!

Good morning, ladies -

I see some of you are up bright and early ready to start the day .

AJ- If ANYONE lips off about your afghan, pm me with their address. I'll bring my ballbat and break their kneecaps . Anyone that wouldn't like THAT would have to have a loose screw .

Theresa -

Yes, it's strange that I actually get REQUESTS to bring out the ballbat now ~~~ Can't figure that one out, but , your wish is my command . :D

Donna - you win the Saint of the Week Award for sticking with such a hard project . Will you get to give it to your dad in person or do they live far away and you have to mail it to him ? I couldn't remember ,but thought you mentioned one time that you lived away from most of your family .

And pardon me for not rememberng who it was -- I know some of you are discussing baseball on here. Which one of you guys got our Jim Thome ? He used to be on our team - Cleveland . He always seemed like a real nice guy and great player . I think he was on the Phillies last year .

We have almost all new guys on our team this year, but they do seem to be doing pretty good so far . I follow football a lot more than baseball, so am not updated too much on it .

AJ, Glad to see you are a SOX fan. IAm too. Last year was the best year ever. I waited my whole life, and that's a pretty long time. Glad we can talk things other than crochet. But crochet is my most favorite craft. During the playoffs last year I did very many stitches just to keep myself calm.

I will be starting my Around the World next week.

GO SOX!!!:cheer

Diane --- thanks for the lefty tip. I'll try that when she gets her next "bug" to try crochet. She sews beautifully but so far crochet eludes her. I am the only one in my family that crochets. My aunt used to tat but other than her --- its just me! So, that means all the family comes to me for their afghans and it seems that someone wants one all the time. I rarely get anything done for myself. My daughter has 2 neices that want ponchos and I've kind been putting that off some. Oh well, eventually it will all get done

Lynn

Julie - It was me who mentioned Thome -- he plays for my beloved White Sox now, and he's SUCH a stud! What a heck of a ball player, and yes, he seems like the nicest guy. He's got 6 home runs already in 9 games, and has homered in the last 4 games straight. I hope he'll bring some of that magic out again tonight when they play Toronto. I'll be listening while crocheting for sure!

Sprtsbear - Oh yes, I LOVE the Sox!! My husband and I both do -- both fans since our childhood. My goodness, we were on the edges of our seats last season during the playoffs and especially during the World Series. It was absolutely incredible and I'll never forget it. Let's just hope they can get offense and defense in sync on the same day consistently and we'll be in for a great year again. Go Sox! :socks

Good morning all! :hi I'm still working on that pesky bunny for easter, but I only have 30 min. of work left (yeah me:cheer ). I am going to get started on the ghan today if it kills me. I've finally decided on a pattern, Multi Granny Afghan. It's located in the April 2005 issue ofAnnie's Favorite Crochet, it's absolutely beautiful. I'm sticking with there colors because it's so beautiful the way it is, the colors are canvas, capris, weathered rose, faded khaki. I'll keep you posted as I go along.:hook

Ok changed my mind again. But this is the last time cause I have already stated it. Just cant seem to talk myself into buying yarn when I have two garbages full of scraps. So going for the ninepatch and using aran to tie it all in. This one I can also stich up as I go. That dang GFG has reminded me how much I hate joining. :eek

You all are so talented love the pictures of the stuff you all have made. And your fast at it too. I have really enjoyed my CAL's this is the first year I have ever done any.

Julie ~ I'll have to mail it to my dad. He lives in Michigan and I'm down here in Florida. At the rate I'm going though he won't get it til Christmas! :devil My step sister wants an afghan and I'm still finishing up a cardigan for my step-mom. It's pretty much done but the sleeves are a pain. They are way too big so I had to rip them out and re-do them... I already did one so I only have one more to do. Would only take me one evening, but I think I'm Finished Object Phobic (meaning I have the fear of actually finishing a project!) Why oh why can't I finish it? :angry

Oh well, anyway, I will mail all of these items at one time as they are all to the same house. (Did I mention all the cell phone cozies I made my brother, SIL and all the kids? I made them months ago and still haven't sent them!)

Now that I'm completely off topic here I'll mention that I have been working on a shawl for my gradmothers 85th birthday (which was the first week of March!) I do call her every week and let her know that I didn't forget about her! I only have like 3 more rows to do and it'll be done... I need someone to make me finish these projects!!!

Ok, I'm done ranting for now! :rant

Good morning, ladies -

I see some of you are up bright and early ready to start the day .

AJ- If ANYONE lips off about your afghan, pm me with their address. I'll bring my ballbat and break their kneecaps . Anyone that wouldn't like THAT would have to have a loose screw .

Thanks Julie! You guys are the BEST!:manyheart

Archived