Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

I had to put my quilt on the back burner for a little bit. I have three blankets that are in their final stages of being done so I have to get them finished. Two of them are gifts that I want done so I'm no longer stressing over them. I am hoping to be back and working on my quilt by next week. Your PS looks great. You are really cruising along with it.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Misa,

Yes, it's a join as you go. By working in rounds, you don't really get the "overlap" look that you get with many other join as you go.

However, If you left out the "ch1" and substituted dcs on the last round, you could easily make these as motifs and sew them together instead.

Krystal~Your PS is coming along beautifully. I love it. :cheer:clap:cheer

Cara~I agree, it could be done as seperates like squares & whip-stitched together. :yes

My Progress~I am still working on my quilt-ghan for my friends b-day. It's coming along. :hook:yarn

I feel so awful that I don't work on my magic carpet for ages. I am trying to finish up some WIPs so I can focus fully on my design. The magic carpet is a huge project for me. So I feel it need all my attention with no distractions.

I am sure everybody understand what I am going through. Believe me, I really want to try other afghans such as PS. I truly forgot how each projects can eat up my time while I try to finish each one at same time. How can anyone do one project at a time instead of doing few at same time?

Morning, ladies

It has definitely slowed down in here a lot, but I think a lot of the quilt ladies may be over at happy house, which is ok, we can go between the 2 .

Keep on working-- you'll get there eventually . :)

Who knows .. I may even get a completed Prairie Star done one of these days. I think it's gonna bug me til i do, so I'd better finish one . :lol

Cara- the join as you go for the PS really is pretty handy-dandy and goes fast . It does leave a gap between the diamonds, but really looks nice I think . I've never seen one that isn't a work of art .

I think there was someone here at one time who was going to sew each motif together, but I don't remember who it was and don't think they ever completed it, or if they did, they didn't post a photo. I would like to see one done like that to see the difference . I think it'd be a lot harder to sew each one on, due to the way they all interlock, but maybe not . :think

An update...no progress on my UFO cat quilt. Like many of us here, I know I'll finish it eventually - but I keep jumping from one thing to another and also taking commissions from friends!!

I REALLY have to learn to say NO:P

Hmmm I really do like that PS :yes I may have to be one of the ones to try sewing them together....I really don't like join as you go :lol First, I have to finish the two I'm doing for Happy House....almost finished with one of them :yay

th_prairiestar0420.jpg

Here's my PS. I ran out of the Painted Desert, so I won't be working on this again until Saturday night :(. Hopefully by next Friday I'll have this finished! :cheer

--------

Krystal, you're really making a lot of progress on your PS. And it's coming out beautifully, too! I really like this pattern, and one of these days, I think I'll make one for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so excited!!! I only have 13 black squares to make and sew on to finish my TAW. I hope to get it done tomorrow then I can get started on some other quilts.

I'm so excited!!! I only have 13 black squares to make and sew on to finish my TAW. I hope to get it done tomorrow then I can get started on some other quilts.

That's GREAT!! Looking forward to the final "reveal":c9

Here is a late Friday photo of my friends quilt ghan in progress. As you can see I didn't get it done by her b-day. But, I will have it done by the end of this week. I have 8 1/2 rows eft to go. I have 1 1/2 rows of squares done but not sewn on yet so I actually have a bit more done then the pic. shows. ;)

(clickable)

th_100_0326.jpg

th_100_0329.jpg

Tabby, that ghan is so beautiful - crisp and clean-looking, too, which I love. Your friend is going to be so very touched by your thoughtfulness as well as the message of strength it will give her.:hug

You're a mush underneath everything, aren't you?:manyheart

Tabby- that is some really nice neat work ! It looks perfect . I bet it could win a blue ribbon in the fair . Your friend will love it . :c9

Krystal- good going, 2 at once ! Can't wait to see them finished !

Tabby I love that it is coming out beautifully!

I have 5 more squares to make and I'm afraid I'm going to run out of the black for the last few squares ack!!:eek I don't want to buy a whole skein for so few a squares. :think I'm hoping it will go further than I think we'll see here in a little bit.:hook

:eek:thair:bang:yell ran out with just one dc to go on the last square. :sigh Oh well I'll just have to cheat and use a black that won't match since it's just one stitch.

Ok Julie, I am currently working on the flowers for mom afghan that was the pattern of the day on Annies a few weeks ago. does that count as a quilt since it has 391 squares in it some of which are 2 color and 2 color v shape squares that I still Can't figure out:eek?

Pretty please ?

( I'm trying to hypnotize you ) :tired

Leave the other 2 sit awhile -- if you haven't even started them yet. You can go back to them later. This one is NEW --- FRESH -- EXCITING .

Which pattern do you like best ?

( Reeling in the hook ) :lol

:goldfish

Archived