Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Sheila-- good for you, I crocheted some when our kids were little too. It did take some doing to work around them, but it is good to keep yourself a hobby even when the kids are small. It gives you a little "vacation" away for a few minutes once in awhile .

Krystal- it sounds like you are going to town on the Prairie Star-- I think every person in all of Crochetville will have one of them done before I get one done . :lol

Heather- GREAT NEWS ! Can't wait to see the finished project. You have put in many long hours on this and should be so proud of it when done .

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my progress so far on my tetris ghan. It's a good thing she doesn't know about it because she probably won't get it until Christmas. :lol I only got one more row done since the last pic.

(clickable)

th_100_0233.jpg

That's wild!!! You crochet beautifully, too...:c9

And here is the reason why all of my other ghans have been slow going. I have been working on this ghan that I designed myself for my bestest friend. Her Mom passed last year from breast cancer & I thought this would mean alot to her. The only thing is the motifs are huge so i've changed it a bit. I'm only doing the ribbon with the word "CURE" underneath. I would love to have the heart in there but I just don't have time to make it that big & the pictures lost detail when I tried to make it smaller. Grrrrrr........I guess that's what happens when you try to design something yourself. Anywhoo, here it is.

(clickable)

th_100_0225.jpg

Tabby! WOWZERS, girly! They are both awesome! That Breast Cancer Ribbon is going to be beautiful! Just an idea here...why don't you make the heart into a pillow? I can't wait to see the finished ghan!

Tabby, would you be able to figure out how to post your pattern for the breast cancer quilt-ghan...that is if you'd like to...? I'm sure there are many people who would love to make one for someone they care about.

Just a thought...

Isn't it something how, when there's a need to show someone how much we care about them, our hands reach for a hook?

Thanks Theresa! :manyheart That's a good idea for the heart. :yes It's so good to hear from ya again, sure do miss ya when you're not here. :hug

Judy~The pattern is actually the graph under the ghan in the pic. I'm not sure if you can see it that well but it is clickable. I have another one that I can post, maybe it will be better seen. ;)

Here is my breast cancer ribbon ghan. Like I said before the motifs are so big that I am just doing the ribbon with the word "CURE" underneath. I never made a new graph for it I just figured i'de look at the word part when I get to it. So prepared,right?? :lol I'm an amature at this graph design stuff so it's not the best. ;)

(all clickable)

th_100_0228.jpg

th_100_0229.jpg

th_100_0226.jpg

Thanks for sharing that, Tabby! I have been a lurker for awhile here and a few other forums. I can't really start anything right now because of too much going on in my life this summer! Graduation, proms, wedding, etc.! Need I say more?! LOL I have enjoyed just following everyone's progresses. So many beautiful quilts in the making! Hopefully this fall I can get more involved again when things settle down here. Keep on a hookin' ladies...everything looks fabo!

Tabby, thanks for the graphs...I'll print them out for my files. I'm going to graph a design, too - Sherlock Holmes:sher ...though not with squares. I'm WAY less of a designer than you are, so it's going to be interesting:lol

Theresa~Wow, I guess you are going to be one busy lady this summer. Good Luck with all of it & remember to make a wee bit of time for you in between. Take care & believe me i'll still be here this fall. ;):lol

Judy~Isn't it amazing how hard it is to shade in some squares?? :lol The hardest part for me was size because you lose detail on letters and such. Good luck with your design & i'm sure you'll do way better then mine. I'de like to get creative & try something different instead of an actual object or thing, kinda like Cara's quilty patterns. We shall see, i'm not that good. :no

Tabby, since joining the ville, I've learned that you don't know how good you CAN be at this until you try! Everyone here is so encouraging...:cheer

Tabby

Great work on both afghans ! And good for you, for trying out your own design. It is gonna be so pretty when done . I bet your boys love the Tetris, don't they, or do they play that game ?

Theresa- good to see you drop in -- sounds like you have lots of reasons to make afghans for this summer, with all the big events coming . :)

Krystal- love the colors on your PS -- everytime I see one, I want to make one, but I get so far and get bogged down or lose interest or something .

What are your colors again ? I like the yellow especially .

Julie -

Actually, I'm using the colors as called for in the pattern, but not the fiestas. I couldn't find "wheat" in RHSS, so I substituted sandstone in the TLC Essentials. It's not quite a yellow, it's more of a goldish tan.

There's claret, Painted Desert, Sandstone, Light Sage, Dark Sage...

Ok, Krystal,

Thanks for the info -- I'm not real familiar with the TLC colors, although I have gotten a couple of them, but usually just go with plain old RedHeart since it's the closest and most available in this area .

I do really like the TLC -- it's nice yarn . I wish it was a little lower priced, but it's not too bad .

Anyhow, the colors look really beautiful together .

Thanks Julie! :blush My kids don't play tetris, it's too out dated I think. :lol They like all those new games like Avatar, Spiderman, X-Men, so on & so forth. ;)

Krystal~Your PS is coming along beautifully. :cheer:clap:cheer I love TLC colors & it's a bit softer then RH. I believe TLC is made by RH. :yes You got a terrific deal on it. :yay

Krystal - That looks great :clap:cheer:clap Is the PS a "join-as-you-go" pattern? I'm liking it more and more and just might have to try it myself but I'm not crazy about "join-as-you-go" :yes

Archived