Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've actually been in a slump lately. I didn't pick up the hook & squares until yesterday afternoon. It's one of those things that I can do tons of if I sit & do it so it looks like i've been busy but somedays I don't even pick up a hook. :eek I better turn that bat on myself. :tryme:lol

Donna - looks like you made some great progress last week based on your Photo Friday post. Lookin' good! :clap

Tabby - your Tetris-ghan looks great. I haven't been following that CAL so this is the first picture of one I've seen. Really neat how the pieces all come together.

I haven't worked on my wedding ring anymore yet. I am rehearsing for a musical that I'm in that opens in May, so I was really busy with that last week. And I'm trying to finish up the project for my Secret Pal. But I'm leaving Friday for a week's vacation at the beach and other than projects for my April classes at Michael's - the wedding ring is the only project I'm taking with me, so that I can get a lot done on it. I'll post a picture when I get back.

Well, looks like I'll be joining y'all!

I've just been requested to make a Prairie Star... (again!)

I'll be starting in a couple weeks... got to get my yarn. She wants the same colors as is in the pattern, so I might have to be faking my way through some of them, not sure if they're all available or not yet!

Welcome in, Krystal

I hope you are able to find all the right yarn. The only one I haven't seen in the stores in a long time is the one with the different colors thread-type stuff running through it. I can't recall the name of it now. It may still be available in other areas or maybe online someplace, though !

Good luck and have fun ! :)

PS- it's Fiesta-- I just went and looked it up .

Well, looks like I'll be joining y'all!

I've just been requested to make a Prairie Star... (again!)

I'll be starting in a couple weeks... got to get my yarn. She wants the same colors as is in the pattern, so I might have to be faking my way through some of them, not sure if they're all available or not yet!

Krystal - I am doing my PS in the colors on the pattern. I ordered mine through Joann.com back in January. They have (or at least they did) all the colors except the Fiesta Sage...which I used the Fiesta Meadow and it looks great. Since it is more than 8 skeins, you get a discount on the yarn, and if you can get a free shipping code online, you can get free shipping. That is what I did. I didn't have to do all the running around looking for the right colors, saved a ton of time and headaches. I know, cuz I short ordered one of the Fiesta colors (miscalculation on my part :angry ) and couldn't find it anywhere, ended up having to place another order. Oh my more yarn...what ever will I do? :hook

I got my Yellow squares ready to go on the TAW now I'm working on my red ones on 26 of them left to do then the final row of black Yipee. I'm ready to start some new ones.

Hi Girls,

I just found the ville and I've been looking at your amazing work. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where they found the pattern for the Trip Around the World quilt. Is it online or in a specific book. I'd love to try it and use up some of the scrap yarn I have.

Thanks so much, and again, your work is amazing ladies!

Sheila

Heather that's great that your so close to finishing. I can't wait to see an updated picture of it.

Sheila, welcome to the ville. I'm not sure where the ATW is but I know there are a ton of links on the very first post of this thread.

Here is my Friday photo. I finished quite a few rows. I have found that if I work really hard on it I can usually finish a row in a day.

quilt4-6.jpg

Welcome Sheila

The afghan that is posted in the first post was in a magazine titled Afghans--- I found it at walmart last spring and it apparently only comes out once a year. I no longer have the pattern, but here is one online that is very similar-- you can make a solid granny square with 2 rounds which will look almost exactly like the pattern in the first post .

Good luck !

http://crochet.about.com/gi/dynamic/...%2Faworld.html

That looks great Donna it's coming along good.

Sheila I'm just doing the 2 row grannies and then following what I remember of a quilt pattern from when I did a quilt top. You might also just look up the quilt pattern and follow it subing your crocheted squares for the fabric squares.

Thanks Julie and Heather.

Julie, I'm using Caron SS Brites. I'm using Watermelon, Limelight, Berryblue, Rose violet, Lemonade and New White.

Sheila, Heather's idea of using a quilt pattern is exactly how I'm doing my Summer Twist. It was a free quilt pattern at Walmart that caught my eye. I'm actually going to make the fabric quilt too. It's pretty easy to convert the quilts into crochet.

Thank you so much for the advice girls! I'm finishing a "brown-eyed susan" afghan now, I need to finish the trim today, my mom's birthday is Tuesday. Then I'm on to new projects and I thought the trip around the world might be a great "stash buster" for me.

I'm not a quick crocheter, I have 3 small kids including a 5 1/2 month little girl who slows me down!

I'll check up on you though! Thanks again, your quilts are works of art!

Sheila

Archived