Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

I went to a couple of stores yesterday afternoon, and while they did have the Island and the Baby Yellow, they didn't have enough. But it was good because I was able to see the colors in person, rather than on the computer screen - and seeing them in person confirmed 2 things:

1. Island is exactly the variegated that I pictured in my mind for this afghan. :clap

2. Baby Yellow will not work with the Island. The yellow is too pale and not what I was envisioning. So I haven decided to go with Butter instead.

I ordered all the yarn this morning and hopefully it will get here quickly. I'm excited to get started on this project. :yay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just looked over the colors of TLC, and I agree about the Butter. It looks like a beautiful match to the Island.

(!! :hyper waiting for Tiffany's yarn to come in . . . !!)

Bev

Hi Rachel

Yea, if it's colors that I don't see in person , I probably wouldn't order them online if it was something I wanted to match perfectly . Especially if I used a yarn I hadn't tried before . I'm not real familiar with TLC, but have used it a little bit. It is real nice yarn ,but I'd definitely want to see the colors in person before picking which ones to buy .

Good luck with your selection -- I bet you are excited to get started now . :)

I'll definitely post pictures once the yarn gets here. Hopefully it won't take too long because I am anxious to get started.

However, I am going to use the waiting time to finish up a project for my SP so that I'll be ready to go on the afghan once the yarn arrives.

Oh, and Juli, one little thing, but my name is Tiffany not Rachel :)

Since I have nothing that i've done recently to show I decided that i'de post a pic. of the quilt ghan that started my quilt ghan madness. I did this ghan about a year ago when Julie first started this CAL. I didn't have a camera at the time so I wasn't able to share pics. that well. Enjoy!

(clickable)

th_100_0043.jpg

th_100_0042.jpg

tabby you should change your name into (the queen of quilted crochet)

beleive me i can`t express how much i`m amazed an i couldn`t found words to express the beauty of it

Tab-

That is really beautiful. I know I saw photos of it before but these are much clearer and the colors show up nicely. It is sure something to be proud of !

You have really cranked out a lot of things in the past few months, havent you ?

Thanks Julie, yeah the last pics. I could only take half of the ghan at a time. :lol These are much better, but the ghan has been very well used in the last year so it's a little worn looking. :D But, hey what's a ghan if it isn't used. :yes

I've done quite a few things, I think. :think I'm so into these CALS & ghans. I couldn't imagine who got me into this addiction?? :eek:D:manyheart

The yarn got here today :yay and the colors look great. Here is a picture of the yarn:

th_Misc-1.jpg

I already finished the first ring in the variegated. I couldn't wait any longer to see what it looked like in the actual pattern :blush and I am very happy with the way the colors are displaying:

th_Misc-2.jpg

Tiffany that looks great. I like the cheery colors.

I finally got enough yarn to get a good start on my quilt. I'm going to try the sc method first and see how I like it. I have to go pick up two colors today and then I can get the first two rows of it done. I'm starting to get really excited about this one now that I'm seeing the colors come together. It's going to be slow going though for a while since I still have a few other projects to finish. I'll post some pics on Friday of my progress.

Tiffany~Those colors are beautiful. Those are the same ones I have to use for the blue star ghan, i'm just waiting to get more before I start. Great minds think alike. :D I can't wait to see more of this ghan in progress. :cheer

Julie~:lookout:lol

Donna~Good Luck on your ghan. I can't wait to see pics. :cheer

now I can get back to my almost-a-quilt afghan. I've been busy the past several days FINISHING MY BIG AFGHAN for a friend's wedding. :yay

Keep me honest, y'all. Make me get this one done, too.

Bev

now I can get back to my almost-a-quilt afghan. I've been busy the past several days FINISHING MY BIG AFGHAN for a friend's wedding. :yay

Keep me honest, y'all. Make me get this one done, too.

Bev

...someone around here carries a bat, I've heard...:lol

I've heard that I should tread lightly around Tabby if I'm not working on my 'ghan the way I should.

Do the rest of you share a big rock to hide behind, or is there a large burrow to dive into if I hit a slump?

Bev

Bev - Don't worry, I'll help keep you motivated. :) Since I just started on mine and it has a deadline as it is for a wedding this summer, I need to stay on track as well. I seem to have lots of excitement and momentum for a project and then stall out after a little while (case in point: my PS that I started last year about this time and still haven't finished, although it's over 3/4 done :blush )

Remind me again what quilt pattern you're working on?

Archived