Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Have you guys seen the free pattern at Annie's Attic today. I'm tempted to try that one next. lol It's a very pretty quilt.

That is a nice pattern - 6 inch squares! Better than baby ones...and it's reversible, too....

I have so many patterns in mind that I'll be in the home with Julie trying to finish them all!!:eek

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you guys seen the free pattern at Annie's Attic today. I'm tempted to try that one next. lol It's a very pretty quilt.

Yeah, when I saw that one at 1:00 this morning I got to thinking "Hmm, not everything I do has to be an original." Might be nice to work from someone else's pattern for a change. And that one's mighty tempting :hook

I printed it off maybe I'll get around to it I like it. I keep forgetting to look on there I love that site I just get lost in here and forget to go to it. lol.

I keep the site link on my toolbar so I see it every day - or I forget to look, too!:eek

Hi! :) I'd like to join this CAL! I have been looking through some quilt patterns online, and thinking, that I could adapt some of them into crochet easily. I found one I love, that I'm doing in Red Heart SS, navy, gold, and white. Here's the website for it:

http://www.quilterscache.com/H/HayesCornerBlock_Page2.html

I'm making it for Christmas. I've got two sisters, and one sister in law who I've not made an afghan for, so I'm going to make (hopefully) at least 4 afghans, and just let them pick out which one they like for Christmas. The "extra" will either go to my Mom, or I'll give to someone else, or something. I'm doing this partly because my sister in law, I don't know that well, and I have NO idea what kinds of colors she likes, so I'm just going to guess with her. My sisters are very similar, so that should be easy enough. I just love how beautiful the crochet quilts are, and how simple it is. I mean, the crochet square (granny square) is simple, but when you do 1/2 squares and all, it makes such a neat look.

Speaking of 1/2 squares, can someone tell me where I can see how to do a 1/2 square? I've done them before, but I can't remember how I did it, or where I put the book that had it in it... It doesn't have to be a tutorial or anything, just basic directions? Thank you so much!!

Victoria

Oh! I've got to tell you a story of what happened today...

My son, who is 10 months old, and my husband went on a walk today so that I could get some things done around the house. I knew they would only be gone about 30 minutes, so I was hurrying as fast as I could to clean (it's so hard to clean with a baby...) so that I could take advantage of the time. Well, I picked up the living room, and then went to vacuum... Everything was going great until I got a little too close to the cell phone charger...

Well, I didn't realize that you could be close to it, not actually touch the thing with the vacuum, and it would suck it up into the vacuum!! Before I could turn off the thing, the charger was all the way wrapped around the brush part. I still can't find the box part that plugs into the wall... Not sure where that went!! I know that didn't go into the vacuum, it's not plugged in, and I've looked around for it... Hummm... It was amazing. The wire actually melted inside the vacuum, and it was stuck to itself, with some of the copper part showing!!! Im no electrician, but I'm just glad that we have the same cell phone (my husband and I) so we have 2 chargers...

So... Needless to say, I had to stop vacuuming, and next time I'll try not to be in such a hurry..... I'll go crochet to mourn the loss of the charger (hehe).

I'm so glad that I found crochetville!

Victoria

Hi Vickie

Drop on in over at Happy House CAL -- Cara ( who is the one who designed all the patterns ) would probably be a good one to ask for step-by-step half-color granny squares. Several of the other ladies are also very good at doing them . I know there are posts SOMEWHERE in that thread about them, but you'd have to do lots of reading through them all to find out where they are . :)

Hey, gang...no work on this CAL and only minimal progress on my BS CAL. All I'm doing is joining squares for charity ghans these days...and will also be getting back into writing soon. I'm still not putting aside my CALs ...they WILL BE FINISHED. Eventually:P

I'm keeping all of my crochet projects near me in my little sitting room (which I share with 2 huge dog crates:lol). Crocheting may help the writing muse...it's great for meditating! :c9

Hi Ladies

Just thought I'd jump in here and post to keep the thread alive . I think we have all signed up for so many CAL's at this point, it's hard to keep the enthusiasm level up on them all at once . We will see if we can do that a little more this week . :)

I didnt do any crocheting since friday morning (while I sit in customer lounge, waiting on my car at a car shop for hours). I had not been near the computer since friday morning too! I hope to work on projects starting tomorrow. I am still around! :cheer

:cheer I'm still around. I'm on vacation right now and just finally got to slow down enough to just do squares for my TAW. Hopefully by the time I get home I'll have a few rows worth to add to my quilt.

I'm here...just finished assembling another charity ghan (this time with LARGE squares:D )...and working on something for my SP:yes ...my own projects are a tad behind:P

Hi everyone! I haven't posted to this CAL in a while. Life got topsy-turvy around the beginning of Feb. I'm back in the saddle though.

Now I think I've gotten myself into another "I'll make a quilt-ghan for that" kind of a snaffu. :)

My friend Pam has a son who is going with his church group to build homes for Katrina victims in June. They're doing a silent auction on March 25 and I said, "gee, wish I had known about this sooner, I could have made something for you to sell". OF COURSE, I thought of the house ghan on Happy Yellow House (http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/house.html). What do you all think? I have 3 weeks....can it be done? I've been wanting to try one of these and haven't yet. So, I don't know what I'm in for. But, I noticed there aren't alot of bi-color granny's on this one, mostly they're solid. And what better theme than a house quilt for kids who are going to build homes for Katrina victims??? :D

Or, what if I modified it a bit and did one large square, following her pattern, and just made it a huge house, all by itself...know what I mean? Make the squares bigger and do one house instead of 6?

Donna, with a deadline in view if you made the house ghan I would follow the pattern - I sometimes get bogged down when trying to change things around. You WOULD have to put everything else aside - but it's doable! You are a fast worker when faced with a time crunch, if I remember correctly:D

I haven't been around really alot lately either. And now I'm working on a non crochet blanket for one of dd's teachers. I'm not sure how much crocheting I'll be doing while working on this. I have found my next quilt project. I'm going to do a Happy House one for that CAL but I found another one for here. :) I'm adapting it from a quilt flier I got from Walmart. It's called Summer Twist. I'll see if I can find it online. I'm thinking of using Caron brights I think is the yarn. I am thinking I'd like to do a bright one for this. If I find the link I'll post it.

Archived