Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Howdy Donna

I posted over at Happy House, but thought I'd post here too about your quilt --- nothing wrong with posting photos in both areas-- you are right, it does qualify in both areas . :yay

You'll have to let us know how your MIL likes it-- is it for a gift for now, or for birthday or Christmas ? Just wondered when you'll be giving it to her .

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda horning in here on this CAL, but thought I'd show you a picture of the Amish Star Quilt Afghan I made my mom for Christmas. I posted a pic over in Home Decor so you may have already seen this.

I'm not sure I like the pink, but ....

AmishStarAfghan.jpg[/img]

Hi Lisa

You are not horning in, in the least ! We all love to see photos, which reminds me -- tomorrow is Photo Friday everyone. I won't have naything to show for this week crochet related- I DID get a small pile of squares made in between other commitments that needed done , but that would make for a boring photo .

Your quilt-ghan is really pretty Lisa and I think the pink looks just fine. How long did this one take you to complete ?

Thanks, Lisa....and I'm a convert to portable crochet projects...which is why I'll probably be either here or at Happy House CAL 4 ever!:D I also never thought I'd be such a convert to joining squares together!:eek

Lisa, I am soo in love with your Amish afghan. Is it a pattern or your own design ? If it's a published pattern, may I ask you to share where it is ?

For myself, this week was so hectic. I had nothing to share. The weather news claims that I will get a lot of rain later on within a month. I will work on gauge and stitches for my design by next week.

I'm kinda horning in here on this CAL, but thought I'd show you a picture of the Amish Star Quilt Afghan I made my mom for Christmas. I posted a pic over in Home Decor so you may have already seen this.

I'm not sure I like the pink, but ....

AmishStarAfghan.jpg[/img]

Absolutely stunning. I love the coloring. Are these all squares or triangles.

Thanks for the compliments.:blush :blush :blush

I think that's one of the nicest things about the 'ville - how encouraging everyone is of one another.

This pattern came from Annie's Attic Ultimate Book of Quilt Afghans. I made it using Caron SS. My mom LOVES it and so does her cat. She can't keep him off it and it is driving her crazy. Everytime she leaves the room and comes back, he's laying on it again. :D :D She kicks him off the afghan and puts the afghan up on back the couch, leaves the room, and he's got it down again snuggling on it. Guess I'll have to make him a kitty size one.:lol

These are all squares and there were a lot of ends to weave in, but the end results were worth it.

well...i made a very silly beginners mistake. which i proceed to forgive myself for, since i am a beginner. I was using my grandma's stash to make my tetris afghan, and didn't check the size of each square, just that i counted the same amount of stiches. soooo, all of the ones for each color match, but the colors don't match each other in size! :blush doh! well, i'm scrapping it and making charity squares instead. i'm going to make something with less pieces for my first blanket instead. wish me luck! :hook

Here are pics of my progress on my 9-patch ghan, I wasn't able to do too much with it this week, but I was unable to do a pic last Friday, so the picture is still new :lol

th_9patchfullview.jpg

th_9patch.jpg

I'm going to be doing one of these in pink/rose too.... I think.

well...i made a very silly beginners mistake. which i proceed to forgive myself for, since i am a beginner. I was using my grandma's stash to make my tetris afghan, and didn't check the size of each square, just that i counted the same amount of stiches. soooo, all of the ones for each color match, but the colors don't match each other in size! :blush doh! well, i'm scrapping it and making charity squares instead. i'm going to make something with less pieces for my first blanket instead. wish me luck! :hook

That's awful! Must have been different brands or weights of yarn...at least you learned your lesson before you made ALL of the squares!!!:hook

Very pretty, Ada...and the new color combo for the next one will be terrific! We're all compulsive here: join the club...a bit of ADD thrown in with the OCD, too, I think!

Well, I've finally decided. :clap I'm going to make the quilt sampler from the link in the first message. It will be a Christmas gift for my sister. While I'm doing that, I'll do some research for Freedom Quilt squares. Then, I might work on both at the same time. My attention span is really short. :blush I think I'll use a cream color for the background on both. Now I have to find a ride to Hobby Lobby to get an afghan hook and some yarn. After that I have to find out how to send pictures. Wish me luck!:yes

Rita K.

Dayton, OH

Well, I've finally decided. :clap I'm going to make the quilt sampler from the link in the first message. It will be a Christmas gift for my sister. While I'm doing that, I'll do some research for Freedom Quilt squares. Then, I might work on both at the same time. My attention span is really short. :blush I think I'll use a cream color for the background on both. Now I have to find a ride to Hobby Lobby to get an afghan hook and some yarn. After that I have to find out how to send pictures. Wish me luck!:yes

Rita K.

Dayton, OH

The sampler idea sounds great! Cream color background is nice...with what main color/colors?

And talking about short attention spans...you should read some of the older posts on any of these CALs!:rofl:laughroll :laughroll

Archived