Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

It seems this CAL has been going on for quite a while.:think Is it too late for me to join? I'd like to make the Sampler Quilt for a Christmas present for my sister, an avid quilter. First, I have to get the yarn, though.

Rita K.

Dayton, OH

Rita, I'll take a risk here :laughroll:rofl:laughroll ...no one's getting away from here for a VERY long time...:P

Welcome!

Am I wrong, ladies?:hook

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ines, those are both beautiful.

Min, those pieces are great.

Rita, welcome. Yep I know I'm definitely going to be around awhile. I'm almost done with my first quilt. My goal is to finish it this week. Then I'll start collecting yarn for my next quilt. lol. So I'll be taking a break for a month or so but I'll definitely be right back again with another quilt. I find myself looking at quilt books and patterns and seeing how I can convert them to crochet quilts. lol

We had a speaker at our church yesterday who told about Freedom Quilts. I didn't know that so many of the traditional quilt squares had a secret meaning for escaping slaves! :blush I think I would like to do a sampler quilt with some of these squares. I haven't decided on the colors yet, but I think this will be really fun and interesting. :yes

Rita K.

Dayton, OH

Instead of putting my unfinished cat quilt on the kitchen table, my bright colored afghan squares (for a hospital project) spent the last 2 days there...now I'm using the sl st to join the strips lengthwise...then a simple border, wash it, and it's ready to go! :yay

Then back to cat quilt...in addition to secret pal stuff :D

...never bored in this house!

We keep sliding back to page 2. I'm still here for my TAW I just haven't done any work on it for a few weeks and it will probably be a few more weeks before I get to pick it back up but I keep checking in for others updates.

I made the Ohio Star. It put me in both CAL's

:lol I have finished it. I'll show one quick pic here. The Happy House has two others if you want to see them.

allfinished.jpg

Now I'm looking for my next project. I might get adventurous and start two quilts, one of the happy house quilts and a PS :eek:lol

Does any one have pictures of cat quilt?

I got mine from a book...but one of the other ladies here had an actual picture, I think.:think

If you want the name of the book I'll get it to you...:yarn

Archived