Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:blush i don't know how to read patterns, so i'm kinda winging it. I'm making a bunch of the tetris shapes and then i'll piece them together like a real tetris game afterwards. If I have extras them I'm going to make a matching pillow or two. I have one of the shapes almost put together, and the squares for two more, but i still have to connect those. I'll add pics up of the ones I'll have finished by then. :D yay for days off!

That sounds really neat Minathia. I can't wait to see some pics of it.

I spent most of today graphing out some quilt blocks to make into my sampler I want to do. I hope to start on it soon.

Julie,

I got the Pueblo pattern from freepatterns.com. It opens in a pdf file though, so not quite sure how to link that on to here. Mine is not quite as colorful as the one on there. I am making it for my son, so I used a green camo as the main part, and a dark green and tan for the other stitches. It kind of all blends in together. This was the first project I started on when I got back into crocheting. Lots of sc...yuck. Takes foooorrrreeeevvvvveeerrr. I work on a row or two here and there, but I really need to finish it. It is one of those projects that I think "I should get that finished..." and the next thought is "I think I'll work on the Prairie Star instead, it goes faster and is more interesting." *sigh*

Here's my picture for show and tell. I got 2 more rows on it earlier this week. I still have 6 more rows to go to possibly be done with it. I probably will not get much more done on it in the next few weeks we'll be going to visit my parents for 10 days and all next week I'll be trying to finish up my charity blitz while getting ready for the trip :hook

th_crochet032.jpg

Crochet-a-quilt number 2 .... why do I do this? I should learn to finish one before moving on to the next.:eek

2370789650058018460RRPxLE_th.jpg

The hearts in the border are a deep burgundy colour not black.

Looks like the original of my red/white/blue one before I began tinkering with the pattern!

I love it in these colors - back in the day when I started mine I never deviated from the recommended colors...:no

Crochet-a-quilt number 2 .... why do I do this? I should learn to finish one before moving on to the next.:eek

2370789650058018460RRPxLE_th.jpg

The hearts in the border are a deep burgundy colour not black.

That's sweet. Where did you find the kitty pattern, if I may ask? :hook

thanks hischildindi .... I have a quilting magazine that has this picture but not the pattern. Basically it is your 2 and half inch squares and half squares and this one also has a 3/4 square. Judianne may be able to tell you the name of the crochet mag or book it come from as she is also making this one.

Thanks Wendy. We have completed our 3rd week at school and already I feel exhausted. We have had so much rain here with a few intervals of sunny, hot weather. A great combination for steam... we all get free saunas every day and that is what has probably zapped my energy.

I was reading the Happy home thread and love all the amazing quilts everyone is making. I see that you are considering a rail fence. I have a UFO rail fence. Maybe I should join that party and try and complete it. :lol

Morning ladies !

Thanks to those who shared your pictures .

Heather, your ATW is coming along nicely-- very cheerful .

Ines- your work is stunning as always ! I bet you've never made something that wasn't beautiful .

Brenda- thanks for the heads up on the pueblo pattern. I think I have seen that one before at freepatterns now that you mention it. Good luck, those sc's are time consuming, but you'll get it done eventually .

Min-thanks for showing us a photo of the beginnings of your tetris .

Hope I got everyone ~ :)

The pattern is in "Afghan Sentiments" from The Needlcraft Shop...page 70. There are also other quilt-ghans in the book.:hook

It seems this CAL has been going on for quite a while.:think Is it too late for me to join? I'd like to make the Sampler Quilt for a Christmas present for my sister, an avid quilter. First, I have to get the yarn, though.

Rita K.

Dayton, OH

Archived