Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decide to do my own design, using graphic paper, based on a quilt template in BHG's 501 Quilt Blocks book, page 17 "Magic Carpet". I tweaked the design and named it Tahlara's Magic Carpet. I am doing this project from the scratch.

I like the concept of something that take me away to a faraway place. It will be fun creating a magic carpet where I can use it for reading a book on beach, having a lunch in forest park, crocheting at any quiet places away from the city. :wlol

I will post updates on the progress once I finished section by section, then the picture of complete version. That's my goal for this thread. :hook

I'm looking forward to seeing your Magic Carpet, Diane! As I said, I really love the colors you chose, too...I'm going to have to start using bright colors, myself!

I think your tulip block is beautiful heather!!

I am so frustrated! I worked on my 9-patch this week, specifically to update the pic here today, and my camera isn't being recognized by the computer.. the usb thing is being stupid. Anyway, if you can imagine a 9-patch done in Caron Azure and Cape Cod blue, with cream all the way around the outside, except the corners which are black, then you can imagine what mine looks like! 3 full rows done, then I did a 9-patch so there are a few 1/4 rows done, b/c I wanted to see if I like the colors, and I do. Hopefully, I'll have a picture soon. I am really pleased with the results so far.

I need to work on my cat quilt (assembling it, mostly) but, instead, after frogging 2 different attempts, I am on a roll making the pink lapghan for my friend. I'm also expecting some squares to arrive this week for a project, so that'll be keeping me busy, too.:yay

I'll get there. I've alread made more progress on the cat afghan than I have in YEARS...so there's hope yet:hook

I'm waiting on a book of 501 quilt blocks to get here from Amazon then I'm going to do a sampler quilt for my bed from blocks in it. Cara you've been my inspiration with your website of quilts. I just really love the idea of doing quilts in crochet since I love both but don't seem to have the patience to do fabric quilts.

I agree with Heather: Cara has inspired me too. I was lucky enough to purchase 5,500 Quilt Block Designs by Maggie Malone [i just love that name!]. From that book I plan on crocheting my all-time favorite square Bear Claw and if I can figure it out correctly I'd love to do it on point.

I don't know hahaha I think most have moved over to the every house needs a... CAL. It sure has been quiet in here.

I think you're right:(

Is this also the thread with people working on the Praire Star Afghan? I've said before I want to make blankets for people for Christmas, the people in my family that we usually don't get things for. So I'm making lapghans for Zachs Grandma and Grandpa Pease, and Grandma T. But I want to make 1 blanket for his Aunt Mary Ann and Uncle Troy. And I have been eyeing the Praire Star, even printed out the pattern the other day, I just need to choose colors for it, but I need to call them first and find out what colors they have going on in their house.... but I want to do it without them knowing, so I need to call my MIL....

Anyway..... this is the place for it right?

Great...new blood!

Ada, this is your spot...unless it's a pattern from Cara's HAPPY HOUSE site, which I don't think it is...:think

I still have to assemble my cat afghan...only place to lay out what I have so far so the dogs don't lay on it, is the kitchen table!

I've told myself that it will be finished sometime this year...:P

no its not from the happy housets and site its a coats and clark rip off pattern gotta get colots together but glad im in the right place :cheer

no its not from the happy housets and site its a coats and clark rip off pattern gotta get colots together but glad im in the right place :cheer

Super! :yay We'll be seeing you, then...let us know the colors you're using when you decide on them:hook

Welcome Ada!

I am working on the Prairie Star still. I have not had a lot of time lately, but I try to get one or two motifs done each night while I wind down from my day. I work two jobs, so by the time I get done with 2, its bedtime for me. I took some pictures last night, but have to load them still so I can update my progress in photobucket.

Let us know what colors you choose. I used the ones called for in the pattern, just because I am not so color-savy myself. This is also one of my first projects that is not just doing rows of sc or dc, so it has been a great learning experience. I may do another one for myself (the one I am working on is for my Mom), and try to do it in colors for my bedroom.

Archived