Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy I am really into this one... sad as I may neglect my popcorn cream BS. But it is OK as I want this one on my bed. You are experiencing very hot weather whereas we are slowly growing webbed feet here. It has rained and rained. I do not mind the rain but it has been extremely heavy and relentless. It is a race every morning to get to school without getting drenched.

The weather is definitely changing. There is a cyclone forming in the north so we are expecting more heavy rain.

I agree with Ada on the colors. I have one girl and just had a neice born in Dec and another one due in May so everything has been in pinks and purples though I do love the colors I would like a change lol. I haven't gotten to work on boy colors yet but would like to mix some in on my charity stuff or some of these quilts.

Wendy I live further north in Cairns and the cyclone is up in the cape. I haven't been working on my crochet very much this week as I have had commitments at school so have been coming home late and then I am so tired that I fall asleep. Only time will tell what I do tonight.

Judi thanks for the concern. We are fine as we live in an area away from the flooding.

I need some suggestions from you guys. :think I still need to add 2 more rows on this but need some help on 1. what kind of border should I do and 2. what color? Any ideas?

th_crochet026.jpg

I think my colors ended up being a little too lite but I think it will work. This was my experiment.:blush

Another option I can think is 1st pink row, then 2nd purple row (squares), and if possible, add purple shells edge. Or two pink rows (squares), then pink reverse sc. I also like the purple concept.

Thanks all that sounds good I'm putting the last row on it now and will finish joining them the other way then start on the border. Maybe I'll have a picture for show and tell on it since I haven't worked on my bs at all hehehe

I forgot It's for my Sister in law who's due in May. When I get it done I'll put a picture of the whole set on my blog.

I think just the edging would work. I was just wondering cause if you were saying squares I would have to get more yarn to do it lol. I think I like just the edging lol.

Good Morning Everyone! :manyheart

I have no pics. to show & tell here today but I am working on a quilt ghan for the Happy House CAL. Hopefully next week i'll more pics. of my Patchwork Garden.

Anyone have pics. to share this week?

Off to get ready for pre-school. Have a good one. :hook:yarn:D

Well here is my tulip block so far. I added the last 2 rows on it and this is a little bit better photo of it. I'm going to buy the puple yarn today and do the border on it later today.

th_crochet027.jpg

I got the yarns by shipping mail other day. :cheer

I have no time to take a picture and upload it until today. Here is my yarn choices - lion brand cotton in 7 different colors. I also got a Lion Brand spring/summer catalog in the mail. :clap

th_IMG_0534.jpg

(clickable)

On sunday, I will check my graphic chart. I still need to figure out the gauges, and different stitches. I hope to do at least three different stitches as a simple sc, two-colored triangles (in sc, not granny sqs) and a texture stitch (like a moss stitch).

Archived