Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donna~I don't think I would brave that pattern as a "quickie" but it all depends on how fast you work. I always do a plain ole granny square ghan for quickies & I think it would look beautiful in chenille. Good luck and let us know what you decide. :D

What about a ghan made of hdc's? The stitch works up very fast, and in chenille you don't have to worry about pattern detail.

Or a giant granny square ghan..or the rectangular version I've seen somewhere if you want it longer rather than square.

Donna -

The quickest, nicesst ghan I make is the one I posted as my "stashbusting" afghan. I have made it in ONE strand with a K-hook (row afghan, not squares or granny style) with RHSS aran fleck (be careful dye lots). It comes out great, masculine, and fast. I think I have a picture somewhere......

th_deanafghan.jpg

Here it is! If you want the pattern, just go to Original Patterns and I termed it "stashbusting afghan". This one was only done with 1 strand and a K hook. :D

Krystal, I can't see those pics from work. I'll have to check when I get home.

Don't you know it...my boss just came to my office and asked if I had plans for lunch! There's a local restaurant that has AWESOME lobster bisque. He's been promising to take me there for months. So today, of all days, he decides to take me. :lol

Oh well, I guess the lobster bisque has to come first. :lol

(secretly, I'm doing a happy dance inside. I LOOOOVE that soup!) :lol:dance

Hey Donna- well here I go, chiming in a little late, but better late than never . I was going to second the opinion that I wouldn't personally try getting something ( even a lapghan ) together within a week made of those tiny squares. It'd be REALLY hard to complete in time .

I like the black and white with the big blocks.

I was going to recommend something with a BIG HOOK and Bulky yarn --- I think someplace ,maybe at CPC, there is a pattern for a big hook ripple, done with an N hook and double strand-yarn .

I think anything with a big hook and thick yarn would go fairly fast .

Maybe you could still do the checkered flag with a huge hook and bulky yarn ( less squares ) :lol

Julie, that sounds good. I started sort of thinking along the same lines, myself. :)

It looks like the black & white one, uses a P hook, and 2 strands held together, so I think it should go fairly quickly. Now I'm all excited about it, though, and have to wait until after work to get the yarn because I have to go eat lobster bisque instead! LOL

By the way, I looked at the chenille throws on LionBrand's website and decided I'd stick w/regular old WW yarn. I'll do a chenille for myself. LOL

It's expensive for the amount I'd need and I don't have THAT many coupons! LOL

Oh the agony! :faint

We drove to the place with the lobster bisque and it's closed on Mondays!

We went to another place that's nearby, where the food is ok, but not as great. Ran into some friends of my DH. I totally stuck my foot in my mouth.

I saw Cathy, who is the wife of DH's friend. I thought, "Oh, she must be here for an office party". There were lots of people with her. Then I saw her daughter, and I thought, "Oh, she brought her daughter. That's nice." (daughter is in middle school). Then I saw her husband..."Oh, cool, she got to bring family to the office party."

At this point I should stop and let you know that I am not a blond, but probably should be. Sometimes I amaze even myself....(no offense to the blonds out there, who are probably smarter than me, at this point)

She came over to say hi, and I introduced her to my boss...then I asked her what they were celebrating and she said, "We're not celebrating. My husbands grandpa died the other day. We were at his funderal." :ohdear:sweat:scared

I already knew his grandpa died and I can't believe I said that...*groan*:kick

I should just sit in a dark room by myself and crochet and not talk for an entire day. :rolleyes

Donna-

it's ok, we all do things like that from time to time. I'm sure she understands. It's not like you intentionally said something to hurt her or be offensive .

We all stick our feet in our mouths at times. I usually do it at least once a week on average .

LOL. Thanks guys. :)

At least it wasn't as bad as the time I said something to a lady I thought was pregnant, who turned out not to be. :blush THAT was a bad one. We were seated next to each other at an all day conference. What a long conference that was...:lol :lol :lol

Queen Mil - WELCOME! :clap:cheer There are alot of choices for quilt type afghans. There are quite a few on the first page of this CAL. I'm working on something called a Prairie Star, which several other ladies are doing, too. I have a link for it in my blog. The Happy Yellow House (www.happyyellowhouse.com) has alot of really cool patterns, too.

Donna I do that a lot too and sometimes think I shouldn't be aloud to speak for saying the wrong thing.

I've started a quilt square that I made up from looking at quilt blocks and am trying it out for a baby blanket. I think it will end up 26 inch square so I might just have to put a border around to make it a little bigger we'll see.

I have to wait till I get paid to jump in... I am way beyond Broke right now... But I do have aran and a rose color here So i guess I can start with a 2 toned one ??? Any good ideas? I have been looking for something kinda difficult to do. I get bored real easy and put it down. SO I am looking for something that requires some thinking ya know

Archived