Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

Hey Judi

I think I'd leave the dark as they are and continue with them along the sides-- I was wondering what type of border the pattern calls for ? Maybe if the border was the same navy color, it'd kinda close it in a little bit -- I know that's a stupid way to explain it, but just wondering what color and type of edging they call for ?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tabby

What are you re-thinking ? The pattern, the colors, or what ? I know what you mean about those little squares-- that's what sunk me on a pattern before. I need to learn NOT to count how many total squares I need for a big project like that -- it gets hard to keep motivated when you need so many .

We're here to help, just holler . :)

Hey Judi

I think I'd leave the dark as they are and continue with them along the sides-- I was wondering what type of border the pattern calls for ? Maybe if the border was the same navy color, it'd kinda close it in a little bit -- I know that's a stupid way to explain it, but just wondering what color and type of edging they call for ?

Believe it or not, the border calls for white squares (off white, really: it's what I'm using for the center)...but I think a simple border, crocheted in the round - of navy - will bring it all together! It sounds like a plan...:yay

Thanks for the question, Julie - it got me thinking again... I'll sleep on it:night

Julie~I'm re-thinking the whole pattern. I just don't know if I have it in me to do all of those squares. Then you have to weave in all the ends & all that other junk. :eek It's enough to make a person go mad. :lol I don't have anything else to work on right now so i'm not sure where i'll go with it. I'll probably keep going & just have it take me 5 yrs.:yes:lol

Cookie and Judi...those are both beautiful....keep up the good work! Welcome to all the new crochet a quilters too! Here are a couple of pics of my finally finished Attic Windows quilt! I wanted to finish it sooner but my fil passed away peacefully last week after an extended illness. Of course there was much to do but we are doing well now.

Without further ado.....the pics:

th_atticwindows4-1.jpg

This is a closer view of the edging:

th_atticwindowsedge2.jpg

(both clickable)

Thanks for looking...now I'm planning the colors for my next one...The double wedding ring!

Theresa, fantastic work!!!:cheer:clap

...and condolences on your FIL...my MIL passed last week, too, after an illness of many years:hug

Here's my quilt so far. I had so much yarn left over from my giant granny, that I'm using the same colors.

I love assembling the squares and the "quilt" look... but I found that If I don't attach them right away, they become treasures for my dachshound to hide under the bed.... hehehe

quilt1.jpg

i love the colours

Here's the bottom part of the cat quilt - I eliminated the heart motif, added navy alongside the med blue and made the corners diamonds, instead:D ...the dark parts are navy blue...

th_HPIM0007.jpg

sc joining...the way to go!!!:hook

Question: should I continue the navy the way I've done it on the sides or do it like the bottom section? Now I'm not so sure...

perfect job

countinue the navy :cheer

Thank you Judi, dsabol, athba, and darski!

My sympathies to you too, Judi. I think I remember your post on this but was just too busy to reply. My FIL was so miserable, but it still wasn't easy and we are all so comforted that he went peacefully with no more suffering.

Theresa

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your father in law .

Your afghan is very pretty. What colors are you thinking of for the wedding ring one ?

Tab-

Well, it's up to you to decide whatever you want . After doing 2 Ps's right in a row, maybe you need a break from something with a bunch of small pieces that need ends weaved in and sewn all together . Maybe you need a simpler pattern where it's all one piece ,and very little changing colors and weaving in ?

Take a look around and see if anything else catches your eye .

Theresa~Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you & your family.

Your Attic Window ghan turned out gorgeous, great job! :clap:cheer:clap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie~Thanks! I think I might do that but i'm unsure yet but i'll let ya'll know what I decide. :think

Theresa, that quilt is beautiful. Great job on it. I'm sorry about your FIL. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Judi, my thoughts are with you also with the passing of your MIL

Tabby, I know what you mean about all the ends and such. Good luck finding a project.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words on our loss...:hug Mom was special.

Athba, thanks...I think I willl keep the navy pattern going the way I have it so far...and edge it in navy as Julie suggested. It'll have an entirely different look from the pattern in the book.

I'm an artist:D :eek ...and didn't know it!

I hate to be a downer, but the prognosis for Neko is not good. He has fatty liver disease and from what the vet says, he doesn't give Neko much of a chance of making it. But, he says he wants to wait until Friday, just to give Neko one last chance.

I went to see him today. He was still groggy from the exploratory surgery he had just a few hours ago. He looked so small and sad. I'm trying to decide how to tell my son. He's 6 and Neko has just always been there. :(

Donna, I hope Neko surprises everyone!

I love my furbabies (dogs) and I know how much it hurts to see them in pain or discomfort:hug

Archived