Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

:rofl Donna - my dh is the same way. I watched wrestling last night while I worked on my blanket. Until about 10:00 when I told him CSI Miami was coming on. Then he went in the other room and let me watch CSI. :lol

I got almost ALL of my navy blue parts done, but then I ran out. (DRATS!) :lol I got one whole section of white done (no big feat) and I have plenty of white to work with.

I was feeling like I was close to being done, but I think I"m going to go for the longer version...so now I'm not so close. *sigh* Oh well. :)

Thanks everyone, for your thoughts about Neko. I haven't heard anything new but I'll let you know when I do.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I didn't even come close to what I wanted to get done. I need to remember not to attach the squares when I'm tired :lol Donna, I'm glad I'm not alone. That's great that you got so much done. I'm sorry you ran out of navy though. I'll keep Neko in my thoughts.

Judi - to answer your question. No, Neko doesn't go outside and I don't have a garage. I just can't think of what he could have gotten into unless it was some euclyptus from a dried flower wreath I have on my wall. Sometimes my dh runs into it when walking down the hall (grrr) and knocks pieces off. That's the only thing I can come up with.

I wanted to ask those of you who are doing the quilts with the little 2 1/2 inch squares. I was looking at the instructions for one, and I was wondering if there's a way to join as you go? Or do you have to save them all up until the end?

Hi all! I am working on a 9-patch lapghan for my husbands grandpa, and I was originally in the 9-patch cal but it seems to have fizzled, and I need interaction, so I was wondering, since 9-patch is quilt-like, and I have planned on graph paper the designs for 4 more quilt lapghans and afghans, can I join you over here?? If you say yes I'll do a little :dance and a :cheer

And there are pics of my progess on my blog, link in my siggy beneath my name.

Krystal, I was at Michaels again this weekend. :eek Big surprise, huh? :lol

Anyway, I was looking at the colors for the Purple Pinwheels quilt we were talking about and I think I like RH Artist Print. That has some very nice colors in it and I think it would look good with rose & purple. I found the Gemstone, and that was a bit more vibrant that what I wanted.

Just thought I'd keep you up to date on that. :lol

:yay as promised here is my :dance and :cheer

looking back through the 300 pages of posts has been fun. The quilts made are simply beautiful!!! I thought I'd start simple and go from there. Looking forward to getting to know all you in this thread :hug

Thanks for the warm welcome!

:whew

Wow, you read all 300 pages?? Hopefully you just looked at the pics. :lol

I can't see most of the pics from my PC at work (they're blocked) so whenever I think about it, I try to log on at home. But I'm usually busy being a mom, wife, etc. I forget I have a computer at home. :lol

I'd love to see more of the pics of what everyone is working on. Someday I'll have to make a point of going home and looking through them all. :dreaming

No, oh my, I skimmed every 10 pages or so looking for pics, I'd have been here all day reading it all, :lol

I'm hoping to finish up this 9-patch by end of February, then I'll be on target to complete all 5 I want to do this year as Christmas gifts. I was looking at the prairie star one, and I really like it, it's larger than the lapghans I'm making, but if I make the one big one for one of the couples on my list instead of 2 smaller ones for themselves, then I might just be able to do it , we'll see. I should get off here and crochet some while the baby is napping. BBL, hagd all!

Donna, I attach them as I go. I try to do 6 or so and then attach them. Although sometimes when I'm online or watching tv I forget that I'm doing a two colored so I get extra one colored squares lol. But those I just save until I need them.

Welcome Ada. I can't wait to see pictures of your 9P. I know theres at least two others that are making them.

Hi there, Ada

Of course, you are welcome. Come on in and sit a spell. I am one who is supposed to be working on my 9 patch, but have put it aside to work on my prairie star. I have been steadily on it now for a few days in a row and making good progress, so I dare not lay it down at this point. I now have 3 white sections done ! WAHOO ~~

Farthest I have ever gotten on it .

9 patch will have to be picked up after this one is done . :)

I'm loving this quilt style, it's so fun. Plus, I have an Aunt who is a MAJOR QUILTER, so after I get ample practice with the ones I am making this year, next year I am going to do a large quilt-ghan for this Aunt. She has a place close to my heart, always has and will, even though we have very little contact. Her husband is a Lt. Col. in the USAF, so I'm good on a color scheme :lol Anyway, that's a long way off, because something I send her needs to be PERFECT!

Hmmm....I finally got around to looking at the pattern for the 9 patch and I love it. I'm hit by an inspiration, though. Tell me if you think this would be nice...how about if it was done with a fuzzy yarn like chenille?

It would be big and so fuzzy & warm! *sigh* Maybe it's just my need for comfort right now. :)

I'll add it to my ever-growing to-do list. ;)

Hmmm....I finally got around to looking at the pattern for the 9 patch and I love it. I'm hit by an inspiration, though. Tell me if you think this would be nice...how about if it was done with a fuzzy yarn like chenille?

It would be big and so fuzzy & warm! *sigh* Maybe it's just my need for comfort right now. :)

I'll add it to my ever-growing to-do list. ;)

I LOVE chenille...if I make something not too huge for myself, I'd love to use that, too. It feels incredible:c9

...photo of my (slow) progress on the cat quilt coming soon...

Here's my quilt so far. I had so much yarn left over from my giant granny, that I'm using the same colors.

I love assembling the squares and the "quilt" look... but I found that If I don't attach them right away, they become treasures for my dachshound to hide under the bed.... hehehe

quilt1.jpg

Here's the bottom part of the cat quilt - I eliminated the heart motif, added navy alongside the med blue and made the corners diamonds, instead:D ...the dark parts are navy blue...

th_HPIM0007.jpg

sc joining...the way to go!!!:hook

Question: should I continue the navy the way I've done it on the sides or do it like the bottom section? Now I'm not so sure...

Thanks to the 2 newest photo - sharers ! We always like to see other's work in progress .

Cookie-Very nice color selection ! Keep up the good work .

Judi - Your work is so nice and neat -- it's like a picture coming together . I am trying to picture what the sides would look like done like the bottom. I wish I could give you a vote, but I am never good at re-designing a pattern, you know, like tweaking it to make it look a little different ?

Since I don't know what the original pattern looked like, it's hard to say which way it'd look best .

Good luck !

Cookie~Very pretty, great job! :cheer

Judi~Looking good, I can't wait to see more. :clap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Hubbys day off got switched last minute last night when they called here so he was home ALL day. Not that I mind but I don't get much done whne he's home. I forgot to take a picture of my PS so i'll do that tomorrow. I started the "Casablanca" but I still have 4 more squares before being able to put the first row together. :eek This may take awhile & i'm beginning to re-think it all together.:think:yes Hmmmmmmm...........

Cookie

That is very pretty and i love the color choice...thats the one of the same purples im using in my PS.

Judi

I love the black you added in...not sure either how i would do that either.

Tabby

Come on...don't give up now,its only 2000 squares :lol I have 3 more rows done on mine,its going faster then i thought it would using Julies way of joining them.

Welcome Ada..cant wait to see the colors you are using.

I have to get closer to the piece next time (new camera)...the dark color is navy...and the original pattern had only medium blue with scattered "hearts" on all four sides.

I can:

1-have all the navy squares go in one direction as already shown in the picture,

2-eliminate the dark ones from the sides entirely, or

3-have the dark squares sort of "spray" outward from the center panel, which would mean just taking 4 squares out that I've already sc'd into the side border and changing their placement:think

That's what I get for trying to be an artist:P

Thoughts?

Archived