Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

I don't have any more pics to post, but I've been working on the 8 blocks of white that go around the "big star" in my super-duper expanded pattern. (*snicker snicker*)

I have 7 of them done and now I'm out of that color yarn! :eek I'm going to see if I can find some more today, otherwise I'll have to order it online.

All is not lost, however, because I have PLENTY of the Painted Desert color (the pretty verigated one by the burgundy, in my picture). So, today I'm going to work on some of those.

I'm still undecided on if I want to do the square version or the long version...I guess I'll see how big it is when I have it to the stopping point of the square version. At that point if I decide to make it bigger, I can. :yes

After this I am SO starting the Purple Pinwheels one from the Happy Yellow House site (you know, one of the ones with the TINY SQUARES!! :eek ) :devil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donna - The purple pinwheels will look great have you decided on colors yet.

Julie - what are you going to show and tell today. the 9 patch, prairie star?

I havent done any of my 9 patch as I have been busy with the blue star and the casablanca. I will post a pic of the casablanca on the BS Cal. I will do more on my 9 patch when I go on holiday interstate next week. I will be able to do some in the car.

Looking forward to seeing some photos.

I don't know. I tried to find the colors that the pattern calls for. But she says the patterns are old, so it looks like the yarn may have been discontinued by now...?? I figured I'd just go to the store and pick out some colors that I think look good together.

(I hope my mom doesn't read this) I want to make it for my mom and she likes purples/berry colors/etc. Anything in that color family.

I just ran up to Michaels to get some more yarn for my PS. I looked over the selection for my future Purple Pinwheels quilt and I wasn't impressed. I saw some nice colors in Simply Soft, but it didn't have a verigated yarn. I wanted a verigated & complimentary solid. :( I do like the feel of the Simply Soft, though.

Maybe I'll shop online. I need to order some of the yarn needed for my PS anyway. I DID manage to find more of the Aran that I ran out of last night, thought. :whew

I found Lion Brand felting wool there, too. I've never seen that before. The Ocean Waves verigated is pretty.

I followed the colors for the PS and ordered them all online at Joann. They had every color I needed (except for the Fiesta Sage, I subbed Fiesta Meadow instead), it took me 5 minutes to order, I got 10% off for ordering more than 8 skeins, free shipping with a coupon I had, and had it within 3 business days. Plus, I didn't have the headache of standing in a store, trying to pick alternates if they didn't have the color I wanted (I am sooooo bad at that), or driving to other stores trying to find what I wanted. It was so worth it to me. Might do it that way for all big projects.

Everyone's projects are looking great! I have been looking at the BS CAL too to see the Casa's...wonderful work! I am hoping to have some pics tonight, although, I haven't been able to work on my PS much this week. I promised my son I would finish his afghan, so I have been working on that, then will hopefully be able to work full-steam ahead on my PS.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I probably won't be on much, as I will be working, catching up on TiVo'd programs, and crocheting!

Oh I'm REALLY bad at getting what I need at Michaels and getting out. I stood there looking for something else to buy because I had a 40% off coupon burning a hole in my purse and I didn't want to use it on a $2 skein of yarn. :lol

So, I bought a skein of black Patons wool for the Well Traveled Bag CAL I'm supposed to be working on. I figure, I'll start on it. It's black, shouldn't be tough to match the color, plus, I bet it sells slow and I can go back and get more in the same dye lot.

I was shocked, though, when I looked at the SWS (which I LOOOOVE :manyheart by the way). Anyhow, I couldn't believe the difference in the dye lots in that yarn. I just ordered 12 skeins on ebay (should be same dye lot since I ordered them all as one order, according to the lady). I paid about $5.25 per skein WITH shipping. :clap

Update on the colors for the Purple Pinwheels quilt. I like Gemstone by Red Heart. I saw that online and I think I might go with that, and get a nice Rose and a nice Purple to go with it. I think it will be perfect. I don't know why I'm worrying about that right now, though. I still have a ways to go on my PS. :lol

I figure I have a MINIMUM (but I know it's more) of 48 motifs to go before I finish the INSIDE part of my PS (if I go w/the square rather than the long). And then I still have to do the border. It takes me an average of 7 minutes to do a motif, including joining. So 48 motifs at 7 minutes is a little over 5 1/2 hours (336 minutes)....

I'm an analyst for a living, by the way. ;):lol

Oh I guess I should get back to work. :lol

It sounds like you are all hard at work on your projects or on searching for that perfect yarn .

I wish you all luck in whatever goals you are working on at the moment .

Tabby- you ornery thing, you .:lol

Donna- you certainly are organized, if you have each diamond timed as to how long it takes you, then how many you have yet to make and how many hours it will take to complete it . Your house must be spotless if you have the same system with housework ! :)

Donna, I do the same thing - I figure out how long it takes me to do a certain motif or row, then I figure on about 2 hours of crochet a day, then I break it all down and put it in my calendar, so I know when I will finish it. Of course, I NEVER put in a full 2 hours on the calendar, because then when I'm done with my "allotted" work, I can sneak in something else and I feel like a kid in a candystore! LOL!

I have some RHSS gemstone... that's more of a fuscia and grape - ROSE does not sound like it will match.. but I don't have any rose to be sure.

Just came across my gemstone here. It's grape, aqua and a raspberry-type color.

Ok, I may just have gone around the bend with my latest idea. :eek

I've been trying hard to pin down a quilt pattern I want to work on next and while in the line at the grocery store what should appear but a Better Homes and gardens special creative collection of 100 quilt blocks!

Well of course I had to buy it and went through it and now I have hit on the idea of doing a sampler of many of the quilt blocks. I won't be too bored making all the squares if I'm making them each for a different designed block.

Ok as for the Trip around the world I'm doing now here is my update photo of it for show and tell.

th_crochet015.jpg

Ok, I may just have gone around the bend with my latest idea. :eek

I've been trying hard to pin down a quilt pattern I want to work on next and while in the line at the grocery store what should appear but a Better Homes and gardens special creative collection of 100 quilt blocks!

Well of course I had to buy it and went through it and now I have hit on the idea of doing a sampler of many of the quilt blocks. I won't be too bored making all the squares if I'm making them each for a different designed block.

Ok as for the Trip around the world I'm doing now here is my update photo of it for show and tell.

th_crochet015.jpg

nice colours

so trip around the world was a name of afghan?

i don`t wanna look as ideot but i thought its a way to express that your looking for a pattern :think

its ok hahaha :hook

continue its turning nice

Heather,

That's a neat idea. That would certainly help with the boredom factor. I know I go through that!! :lol

Well ladies, I'm leaving for the day in about 10 minutes and I might not make it back until Monday. If I don't talk to you have a great weekend.

:D:party:tup:waving

Thanks, It almost seems to be going fast right now though I know once I get more to go around it will probably feel like it's at a stand still lol.

Athba- LOL Trip around the world is the name of a quilt pattern that this is copying.

Tiffany- I'm using the caron simply soft. I still have 2 more colors to add before starting to repeat them.

Archived