Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not yet. It's an idea that just came to me last night. I spread the blanket out on my bed and it wasn't as big as I thought it was. I was worried about how I was going to make it to 86 inches with the diagram I had. it originally had two narrow borders around the edges.

I thought I'd just do trial & error. I want the borders to be somewhat wide, I think. And I don't want them to take forever to do (so they won't be sc, that's for sure!) Maybe DC or TC...The diamonds will be the diamonds from the motif, and the half diamonds are shown in the instructions, so I'll just follow that.

I'm working on a rectangular shaped diagram of it, now, too. Just in case I want it to be longer...I'll post that on my blog when I'm done. :D

I'm feeling a little bit obsessed... :drool:hyper:loco

My PS has been neglected for some time now because of Christmas presents and a housewarming present that I'm now working on for a friend. But I have been keeping up with everyone's progress on the CAL and plan to jump back in as soon as possible. Like many of you on here, I am obsessed with the quilt-ghans :manyheart and have lots of my list that I want to make.

But I did want to post in response to Donna's schematic for the larger PS. That is absolutely beautiful :clap Thank you for sharing the diagram on your blog. Even though I'm almost finished with the regular sized one, I may have to make another one in the future that is larger after seeing yours. Can't wait to see your continued progress and how it turns out in the end.

Julie - As I was reading through the posts catching up on everything, I had a thought about your PS. Since you seem to have great momentum until you get to the large white sections, and you've started so many of these, if you haven't frogged all the center stars that you've made, you should join them together to make a new pattern of your own. :cheer

I'll continue to keep up with this CAL and will hopefully have progress on PS soon once I get this last gift finished.

Donna, YOU'RE KILLING ME! :rofl

I JUST started my Blue Star afghan today... had given up on the prairie star (which,by the way I think I like better) and now you come with this beautiful work-around....

Do you know about how big it will be? Wait, maybe I should go read it better.... I see you're aiming for queen sized... maybe I'll just wait until you're done with yours so I can see what you came up with! LOL!

Back to my blue star :(

Ok, I posted the new longer version in my cool new blog. (giggle) :lol

Ah, this is so fun. :lol

Anyway, I wanted to mention to Julie, what I'm doing with my white sections (because I get bogged down on them, too) is I'm working 4 joined motifs, separate from the whole 'ghan. Then I'll join them to the 'ghan later with the other 5....that makes no sense at all, does it? :think

I'm not sure how to describe it...If you look at the diagram, you'll see each white section is composed of 9 motifs. Along the edge of your colored motifs there are 5 that touch the motifs you've already done. The remaining 4 form a larger diamond shape when connected.

I'm working on creating the 4-motif diamonds and after I have all of those done, then I can join them to the 'ghan while adding the rest of the motifs required to make the 9-motif diamond shape. Does that make sense?

I like doing it that way because I can still carry my work with me, without having to take the WHOLE thing along. Anyway, just my two-cents. :D

Donna (dsabol), you PS is looking great. Congrats on joining the blog world. There are definitely alot of PS out here I can't wait to see how they all turn out. I definitely plan to make one after I get one or two of the current afghans done.

Julie, yep we definitely know more than just how to fix dinner. :lol I usually go by Donnag in the cyber world since I have learned that Donna is a popular name. If that will help you guys can call me that.

Donna -

Thank you for sharing your new rectangle image of the PS -- wow, such talent. You guys always amaze me . My main talent is the Gift of Gab. You guys turn out MAGIC in those brains and fingertips. I just GAB .

Anyhow, Prairie Star, round 117 ,here I come.

As soon as I get ahold of a new set of colors and enough money to buy more yarn .

( We can go without heat for 12 days, right ? ) :wbrr:hook:lol

:ty Thank you everyone for all the compliments. That's so sweet of you.:flower:hug

:day:fame(I just had to use the little guy with the flowers because I thought he was cute. hehe)

(Here's what's on my mind right now though...:coffee:hook ) :lol

Boy I could use some coffee!! :lol

Donna, I didn't really give up on the PS, I did a baby one because I wanted to try it out before making one for ME. But then I tried to modify it to be bigger for my bed and didn't have much luck. So, I really gave up before I even started! LOL!

I'm doing the blue star first, then mabye I'll have the PS for a change of pace. :D

Donna - well done on expanding the PS pattern and creating your own blog. You are very talented.:clap

Julie - Maybe you could take the PS 's apart and mismatch the colors to one you like. At least you have all the diamonds done.

Krystal - Do the Blue Star as well as the Prairie Star at the same time.:D

Donna - your ps is beautiful I couldnt leave a comment on your blog because I dont have a google account .

Julie - yes that pattern looks like the one I have or close to it. I thought it was just me and not the directions. Maybe I will try going back to it and see where I get.

yesterday my dream was that i was in a yarn shop somewhere out of my town telling the sellman ( i want a lot of yarn for the quilted afghan) hahaha

you are really controlling my mind with these things

Good Morning All! I'm awake (I think). I have pre-school this a.m. so I won't post a pic. until later.

Julie~Give the cat a pice of bologna, it'll come right to ya. You may never be able to get rid of him but hey that's the price you have to pay. :D

Is it time for bed yet???? :devil

Archived